Windows 10: Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kwinter, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kwinter Win User

Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the display to go to the TV, the sound went with it - that it, it went thru the TV speakers rather than the speakers attached to the computer.

I migrated to Win 10 Pro today, and all is well... except that, when I redirect the video to the TV, the audio doesn't get redirected with it - the sound still comes out of the computer speakers.

I have poked around in the "Display" and "Audio" sections of the settings, and haven't found anything that addresses this problem. Please advise. Thanks.

:)

Kwinter, Dec 17, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 17, 2019
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

How to get the TV monitor to be list in the audio device.

Original Title[Audio]

How does one get their tv monitor to be list in the audio devices again? I think I removed it from the list, and I can't get it to come back. I can only listen through headphones or other speakers.

MikeRytell, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

1. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't monitor

2. Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10: Recently about 6 days ago upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Yesterday afternoon monitor decided not to wake after sitting idle for a couple hours. Computer is awake but no monitor. If I unplug USB monitor cable and reconnect, monitor will usually come back on but not...
  3. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  4. Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep: Yesterday Win 10 upgrade occurred and now the monitor will not go into sleep mode. Any suggestions 72611
  5. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV: Hello everyone, I have a question. I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I use this PC to run a home server with Plex media server and Plex Home Theater - so I've got it connected to the TV,...
  6. Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade: So I just installed windows 10 on my Asus N55SL (previously running windows 7), for the most part it works great however I am having trouble getting sound to play. I have tried installing the latest realtek HD audio drivers but thishas not helped at all, I have found that if...
  7. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7: Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10. I try restarting...
  8. Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7: ​​​Hi all, Eric from Florida here, with my first problem that I can't solve​. First, the soft facts, my system is as follows: Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit. AMD Catalyst Software Suite v 15.20.1062.1004, which the software update function says is current....
  9. Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question: I had set up a dual boot with Win 7 and clean install of Win 10, with Win 10 on a separate SSD. Never registered Win 10. I removed the Win 10 SSD from my case. Went back to single boot Win 7. Now my question is... Would there be a problem (with Microsoft) if I...
  10. After Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade Start button doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade Start button doesn't do anything: I upgraded my Win 7 64-bit to Win 10 via the MediaCreationToolx64 download. After the upgrade, when I click on the Windows Start button (or press the Windows button on my keyboard) nothing happens. Also, typing over "Search the web and Windows" doesn't do anything -- my...