Windows 10: Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kwinter, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kwinter Win User

Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the display to go to the TV, the sound went with it - that it, it went thru the TV speakers rather than the speakers attached to the computer.

I migrated to Win 10 Pro today, and all is well... except that, when I redirect the video to the TV, the audio doesn't get redirected with it - the sound still comes out of the computer speakers.

I have poked around in the "Display" and "Audio" sections of the settings, and haven't found anything that addresses this problem. Please advise. Thanks.

:)

Kwinter, Dec 17, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 17, 2019
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

How to get the TV monitor to be list in the audio device.

Original Title[Audio]

How does one get their tv monitor to be list in the audio devices again? I think I removed it from the list, and I can't get it to come back. I can only listen through headphones or other speakers.

MikeRytell, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

1. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't monitor

2. After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.: The update didnt even finish. After the first restart it just stopped working.Cant even start BIOS or SAFE BOOT...still the same problem- NO SIGNAL. The desktop isnt even connected to the router so no remote connect. What am i supposed to do now?...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn on after an update win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn on after an update win-11: Hello, after a recent update on win-11 my monitor no longer turning on. Blue screen shows no HDMI signal. Let me express my furious state of mind, how such things can happen?? Seems very amature process of update. When people working on deadline, every downtime makes a huge...
  4. Monitor doesn't turn on after an update win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn on after an update win-11: Hello, after a recent update on win-11 my monitor no longer turning on. Blue screen shows no HDMI signal. Let me express my furious state of mind, how such things can happen?? Seems very amature process of update. When people working on deadline, every downtime makes a huge...
  5. Popping YouTube audio after monitor upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Popping YouTube audio after monitor upgrade: Hey guys! So, I've been having this problem for the past couple of months and I can't seem to find a fix anywhere on the internet. I had a 19' 900p monitor and I watched YouTube videos in 1440p just fine without any problems, but then I bought a new 24' 1080p monitor and now...
  6. Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.

Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.: I recently upgraded from 8.1 and since i have, my pc will detect headphones are plugged in but no audio comes out. Ive used several pairs, Redoing drivers, Switching from realtek to high def, resetting, windows update. Nothing has worked. Any help? submitted by...
  7. SAMSUNG Monitor doesn't "detect" after going to sleep with laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SAMSUNG Monitor doesn't "detect" after going to sleep with laptop: I have a Samsung external monitor I'm connecting via the display port. It will connect when I boot up but when my computer goes to sleep it won't detect the monitor when it awakes....
  8. Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10

Internal mic doesn't work after upgrade to win 10: Upgraded Sony Vaio from win 7 to 10. The internal mic doesn't hear anything in cortana or speech to text. The bar doesn't move in mic test in setup. Says computer doesn't hear anything in microphone setup. BUT it works just fine on Zoom and Skype and and my grandson can talk...
  9. Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10: Recently about 6 days ago upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Yesterday afternoon monitor decided not to wake after sitting idle for a couple hours. Computer is awake but no monitor. If I unplug USB monitor cable and reconnect, monitor will usually come back on but not...
  10. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...