Windows 10: Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

Discus and support Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently saw an update on my computer. It was the Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.29.71.1962 update. I installed the update and since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DhwanilRana1, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

I recently saw an update on my computer. It was the Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.29.71.1962 update. I installed the update and since then audio has stopped playing on my laptop. Whenever I use headphones the audio still works so the problem has to be with the driver. I tried going to Realtek audio to roll back the driver but it doesn't show me any options to roll back the driver. Is there anyway I can get audio back on my laptop? I think that I have to uninstall the driver but I don't know how to roll back the update.

:)

DhwanilRana1, Sep 2, 2021

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Sep 2, 2021
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Sep 2, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

1. Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't play

2. Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio: I use my computer in my car for work. I have previously been able to use the Ford SYNC Bluetooth to Windows Bluetooth connection to play audio from my computer to the car stereo. I was issued a new vehicle and attempted to connect to the new Bluetooth. The connection works,...
  3. Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio: I use my computer in my car for work. I have previously been able to use the Ford SYNC Bluetooth to Windows Bluetooth connection to play audio from my computer to the car stereo. I was issued a new vehicle and attempted to connect to the new Bluetooth. The connection works,...
  4. Audio doesn't play, error 0xc00d36fa

Audio doesn't play, error 0xc00d36fa: Hi,Some days ago, audio didn’t play anymore. It affects all audio outputs/devices speaker, headphones, HDMI, even Bluetooth. At the beginning, there was a red cross icon over the audio icon on the task bar. It’s not a hardware issue because in dual boot mode on the second...
  5. Audio doesn't play, error 0xc00d36fa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't play, error 0xc00d36fa: Hi,Some days ago, audio didn’t play anymore. It affects all audio outputs/devices speaker, headphones, HDMI, even Bluetooth. At the beginning, there was a red cross icon over the audio icon on the task bar. It’s not a hardware issue because in dual boot mode on the second...
  6. Audio doesn't play from behind

Audio doesn't play from behind: In any 3d program that has sound, audio from behind the camera is extremely quiet, but audio that comes from objects in front of the camera is perfectly fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-doesnt-play-from-behind/a07350a2-d71e-4673-bf59-a708a9756ea0
  7. My laptop is not playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is not playing audio: My laptop recently had a new windows update and the speakers name was change to speakers realtec high definition audio device but before the update it did not say realtec in the speakers name in after this happened there was no audio so I was wondering if anybody had...
  8. Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead

Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead: This is the third forum I try to ask for help, hopefully third time is a charm. So, suddenly, two days ago my laptop stopped recognizing that a earphone jack is plugged in and plays all sounds through the speakers instead. - Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.752 (was on v1903...
  9. Bluetooth Doesn't Appear To Exist Anymore On My Laptop

Bluetooth Doesn't Appear To Exist Anymore On My Laptop: A few weeks ago, I was looking in my Action Center, so I could turn on my Dell Latitude 3350's Bluetooth. After a thourough search, it now seems that Bluetooth and every item associated with it no longer exist on my laptop. Can anyone please help?...
  10. Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Unable to play audio in my laptop.: Hello, When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the sound drivers. But still the problem persists. Kindly help me to fix my sound problem ASAP. Thank you C.Krishnasri...