Windows 10: audio doesn't work at all

Discus and support audio doesn't work at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently came back from a trip, because I was with family, I had it (PC) muted most of the time. I didn't end up using my computer much, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyHattaway, Dec 10, 2019.

1. audio doesn't work at all

I recently came back from a trip, because I was with family, I had it (PC) muted most of the time. I didn't end up using my computer much, however, when I came back, I noticed there was no audio. My headphones are a bit wonky and sometimes the audio wouldn't transfer because it was too loose or turned the wrong way, so I assumed that was the issue at first. After fiddling for a while, I unplugged them and to my surprise; still no audio. I restarted my computer, re-opened my tabs, and muted and unmuted my computer several times. I troubleshooted through the audio but could hear the 'test' ping noise just fine. It said something might've been wrong with the audio driver, so I restarted my computer again and tried updating the driver through the device manager to no avail. The audio works with bluetooth headphones, but I'd hate to think that I'm solving the issue by finding a way around it. Any thoughts/advice? I'm also really curious as to why the audio test 'ping' noise could be heard, but nothing else.

:)

TonyHattaway, Dec 10, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

audio doesn't work at all [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me audio doesn't work at all :)

GiancarlosGarza, Dec 10, 2019
  4. audio doesn't work at all

Audio jack doesn`t work

Today when i plugged out headphones, it doesn`t display that you`ve unplugged headphones, seems goes something wrong. Now i can hear sonud only from plugged headphones. How to repair this problem?

clayer---01, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

audio doesn't work at all

1. audio doesn't work at all - Similar Threads - audio doesn't

2. The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually...: In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output audio device other than the default device for my app. I then closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect. Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I...
  3. The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.

The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.: In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output device other than the default device for my app. I closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect. Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I launched the...
  4. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output: It has worked on Win7 and on later upgrade to 1903, but now the VIA drivers and app has been dropped altogether. Is a fix in the works? Thanks!...
  5. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work but audio does: I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine but just recently my microphone has stop being detected by my computer. The microphone still works because I can use the...
  6. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10: Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the display to go to the TV, the sound went with it - that it, it went thru the TV speakers rather than the speakers attached to...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device (2)

Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device (2): Hello, I have the same problem as AhmedAlo : my headphones are only recognized as microphone, not even as a headphone, on my PC with windows 10... Is there any solution so far ? Thanks, Arno....
  8. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio: It records game and discord audio, but doesn't record my microphone. It is set to default and audio to record is set to all. I've scoured the forums for answers and have tried most solutions, but none seem to fix it....
  9. Audio Balance doesn't work for my Bluetooth headphones Windows 10

Audio Balance doesn't work for my Bluetooth headphones Windows 10: With my phone, I can easily adjust the balance of my Bluetooth headphones and with other Bluetooth headphones on the same device, I can mix it. But for some reason with these specific headphones (Skullcandy hesh 2 wireless) the sliders are attached and don't let me move them...
  10. My computer doesn't have Audio.

My computer doesn't have Audio.: As the subject says, my computer won't play any audio. I believe the cause is a Windows Update which are really annoying BTW Microsoft. If anyone can help i will appreciate it....