Windows 10: audio doesnt work in a few scenarios

Discus and support audio doesnt work in a few scenarios in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; audio turns off whenever im playing a game and join a party or game mode that requires voice chat. audio also turns off whenever i open my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aaronhenning1, Jul 29, 2021.

1. audio doesnt work in a few scenarios

audio turns off whenever im playing a game and join a party or game mode that requires voice chat. audio also turns off whenever i open my sound control panel and click the "recording" tab. ive factory reset the pc, made sure all of the drivers are up to date, there doesnt seem to be an easy solution. i recently switched from a dual input system with a bluetooth headset and a desktop mic to just a bluetooth headset/mic.

:)

aaronhenning1, Jul 29, 2021

2. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 29, 2021
  4. audio doesnt work in a few scenarios

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

audio doesnt work in a few scenarios

1. audio doesnt work in a few scenarios - Similar Threads - audio doesnt few

2. Audio sample rate values for different scenarios in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio sample rate values for different scenarios in Win11: Hi MS team,Here are some questions that need your help...May I know the audiodg active rate for different scenarios?1 Default audiodg active rate in Win11 OS?2 Playing Youtube videos via MS Edge in DC/AC mode?Thanks......
  3. Audio sample rate values for different scenarios in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sample rate values for different scenarios in Win11: Hi MS team,Here are some questions that need your help...May I know the audiodg active rate for different scenarios?1 Default audiodg active rate in Win11 OS?2 Playing Youtube videos via MS Edge in DC/AC mode?Thanks......
  4. Realtek HD audio installs but doesnt work ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio installs but doesnt work ,: so i tried to install Realtek hd audio and when i do nothing happens,on my device manager , sound video and game controller it still says RealtekR Audio instead of realtek high definicion audio so i know it didnt work , i tried unistalling and restalling all drivers , i have...
  5. Realtek HD audio installs but doesnt work ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD audio installs but doesnt work ,: so i tried to install Realtek hd audio and when i do nothing happens,on my device manager , sound video and game controller it still says RealtekR Audio instead of realtek high definicion audio so i know it didnt work , i tried unistalling and restalling all drivers , i have...
  6. Realtek HD audio installs but doesnt work ,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek Audio doesnt work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Realtek Audio doesnt work: It started after I tried to uninstall and reinstalling realtek audio drivers because Realtek Audio Console wasn't working Then I installed the lastest Realtek HD Audio Drivers 2.82 from Realtek's page, it worked but didnt solve the Realtek Audio Console RPC problem so I...
  8. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.: I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in the computer with a USB and a green 3.5mm port. When I went into the sound control panel it doesn't detect any microphone. The...
  9. Audio works for just a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio works for just a few minutes: down votefavorite I swapped my previous PSU since it had failed. I've been having this issue since then. I boot up the computer, start watching a video, after a few minutes the audio goes off completely and I start hearing that whizzing noise, though it's very quiet. Now,...
  10. Dual Boot Scenario - Would this work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot Scenario - Would this work?: I’m running an upgraded Win10 (from Win7) and am pretty happy with it now – except for one device not working (Prolific USB to Serial adapter) which I only use occasionally. So I was wondering if this would be feasible….create a dual boot scenario and roll one back to...