Windows 10: Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

Discus and support Audio Driver breaks after raising volume. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very strange issue where my volume is stuck at 69% and if I raise or lower it my audio stops working in any of my ports front or back but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenoB1, Feb 6, 2021.

1. RenoB1 Win User

Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

I have a very strange issue where my volume is stuck at 69% and if I raise or lower it my audio stops working in any of my ports front or back but audio on my computer is still detected on my speakers realtek High Definition audio driver The only fix i found is to uninstall the driver and restart at which my audio will be stuck back at 69% and I will be unable to raise or lower it without breaking it again.

any ideas.

:)

RenoB1, Feb 6, 2021

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

Loud Audio Until Volume is Adjusted (Realtek Audio Driver)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue. We appreciate your effort.

To better assist you, do let us know the make and model of the computer.

I would suggest you to try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.

Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver >
    Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software
    > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
    High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Also, try turning off the audio enhancement by following the steps below:

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

1. Audio Driver breaks after raising volume. - Similar Threads - Audio Driver breaks

2. Video breaks after changing Windows volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video breaks after changing Windows volume: Whenever I change volume either through my headset's own slider or through my keyboard, all video and audio freeze and stop working. It's not just YouTube or Twitch, all video players stop working.I can fix it by enabling and disabling audio hardware acceleration through the...
  3. Video breaks after changing Windows volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video breaks after changing Windows volume: Whenever I change volume either through my headset's own slider or through my keyboard, all video and audio freeze and stop working. It's not just YouTube or Twitch, all video players stop working.I can fix it by enabling and disabling audio hardware acceleration through the...
  4. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control: After upgrading to Windows 11, the multimedia keys on my keyboard no longer affect the correct sound device. Instead they seem to control some other device volume because I still see a volume slider appear on screen when I press the keys, but it's not for the current sound...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control: After upgrading to Windows 11, the multimedia keys on my keyboard no longer affect the correct sound device. Instead they seem to control some other device volume because I still see a volume slider appear on screen when I press the keys, but it's not for the current sound...
  7. Audio breaks from time to time even if it's 100% volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio breaks from time to time even if it's 100% volume: Hello,So after an recent windows update which pretty much installed a new windows, I started having this problem with audio. I am using the Intel SST Audio Device WDM ver. 604.10135.2747.5232 from 9 aug 2015 with the ES8316AudCodec.For example if I play any music or video the...
  8. Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers

Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers: I updated realtek audio driver on my Laptop, Razer Blade 2018 Advance Max-Q. Before update the name I could see was realtek high definition audio but now it shows Realtek R Audio codec with DolbyAPO. My audio has gotten really low, have already tried all the...
  9. Raising Video Game Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raising Video Game Volume: I use Nvidia Shadowplay in order to record small clips in the heat of the moment (funny or epic moments) and I've noticed my mic volume is super loud even on the 1% option inside of the Nvidia Shadowplay audio capture section. I've been thinking about lowering my actual mic...
  10. How to raise microphone volume?

How to raise microphone volume?: I am in trouble. I’ve bought a really expensive PC - Astro A40 with a mixamp and connected it to Mod Mic 5 but the volume is so low that I talk louder. I did a lot of troubleshooting actions like updating drivers, disabling other apps that take over the mike. And I really...