Windows 10: Audio driver causing problems with PC performance

Discus and support Audio driver causing problems with PC performance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, my pc has become very slow and sluggish (almost non-responsive at times) and I have come to the conclusion that it is the HD Audio driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DCB316, Dec 17, 2018.

1. DCB316 Win User

Audio driver causing problems with PC performance

Recently, my pc has become very slow and sluggish (almost non-responsive at times) and I have come to the conclusion that it is the HD Audio driver that is causing it. I deleted the driver and the system immediately went back to a normal working condition. However, in doing so, I do not currently have audio because of deleting the driver. I have a weird setup. I am using my Samsung HDTV as a monitor (40") and feeding the PC HDMI cable through my Xbox One since my TV only has two HDMI inputs. Is there any way to fix this? The audio and performance of the PC was fine up until two weeks ago. I have been enduring this frustration for two weeks now and am at wits end.

Thanks!

:)

DCB316, Dec 17, 2018

2. multiple audio drivers causing sound problem

Hi Shahriar,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; uninstall a driver, might lead to device/features not work properly.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Follow these steps:

1) Create a system restore point
    2) Right click and click on update driver
    3) Click on Browse my computer for driver software
    4) Click on let me pick from a list of device drivers of my choice
    5) Click on High Definition Audio Driver
    6) Click on "Yes" on the prompt
    7) Once updated, reboot the PC

tanujchadha, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Audio driver causing problems with PC performance

My Asus t100ta-b1-gr has no output audio driver

Hello,

In rare cases, audio issues were caused by outdated drivers. To troubleshoot the problem, we suggest running the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings
      icon.
    • On the Windows Settings search box, type troubleshooting and select the first result.
    • On the Sound column, click on Playing Audio to start the troubleshooter.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Audio driver causing problems with PC performance

1. Audio driver causing problems with PC performance - Similar Threads - Audio driver causing

2. Audio enhancements causing problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio enhancements causing problem.: After a windows 10 update, my laptop suddenly lost sound. I searched online for fix and found out that Audio Enhancements cause the problem. When I turned it off, my laptop had sound again. But both sound and the record sound were way smaller and worse than it used to be. I...
  3. PC problem audio driver missing no sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC problem audio driver missing no sounds: HelloI bought a new headphones and want to use it with my PC..When I started using it it doesn't produce any sounds, so I switch back to speaker but speaker doesn't produce any sounds either afterward.I restarted and update the driver that seems to be missing but nothing...
  4. PC problem audio driver missing no sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC problem audio driver missing no sounds: HelloI bought a new headphones and want to use it with my PC..When I started using it it doesn't produce any sounds, so I switch back to speaker but speaker doesn't produce any sounds either afterward.I restarted and update the driver that seems to be missing but nothing...
  5. PC problem audio driver missing no sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Audio driver problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio driver problem: So I bought myself a headset with a microphone on it, but when connecting the headset to my computer only the sound would work and it would still appear as if I was using my computer speakers. I noticed on my other laptop that I have another audio driver called ''Realtek High...
  7. Is these the problems of driver or performance issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is these the problems of driver or performance issues?: My touchpad is working absolutely fine but, frequently I can't swipe, though I can freely move the cursor in my laptop. It is happening for some days now. What I shall do now? Is this the problem in my driver? And I shall mention one thing that when I restart the laptop...
  8. audio driver problem

audio driver problem: i unable to get 64 bits of vedeck hd audio driver and alternate method is realtek hd audio dirver i have successfully install realte hd audio driver still after installing realtek hd audio manager not showing please fix this problem...
  9. Audio Driver Problems

Audio Driver Problems: My laptop had updated the Windows 10 January update and in that process, it corrupted the preexisting audio driver that I had on my laptop. I have tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them, changing the setting advised by other older posts here and online, and restarting...
  10. Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems

Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems: hey, since today i started having issues with videos not playing correctly. VLC: whenever i start a video, there is a delay for a few seconds where i only see the first frame of the video, after that audio crackles, then it plays normally. twitch.tv via firefox:...