Windows 10: Audio driver compatibility issue causing Windows 10 V.1903 update to pause

Discus and support Audio driver compatibility issue causing Windows 10 V.1903 update to pause in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is with an Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop running Windows 10 Home. The update for Windows 10 version 1903 pauses and reports a compatibility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ted_M_127, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Ted_M_127 Win User

Audio driver compatibility issue causing Windows 10 V.1903 update to pause

My problem is with an Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop running Windows 10 Home.

The update for Windows 10 version 1903 pauses and reports a compatibility problem with an Audio Display driver (intcdaud.sys - KB4465877). I downloaded and installed the latest audio driver from the Acer support site (Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8158_W10x64), and the update still fails. Acer suggested I monitor their web site for an updated driver or "sit tight and wait for the next major Win10 update release."

Does anyone at Microsoft have any ideas for me?

:)

Ted_M_127, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Basith M Win User

Windows 10 HDMI audio issues in Dell (ALIENWARE) M11XR3

Hi Mohamed,

This might have caused due to any compatibility issues with the Video/Audio card drivers. As a first step, I suggest you to install all the updates listed in Windows Updates and check if the same issue occurs. This is to check if this is caused due to any
    updates related issues.

If still the issue persists, then I suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any compatibility issues.

Refer to the following Windows 8.1 article to install the drivers in compatibility mode. The steps apply to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Audio Driver Issues

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to download "High Definition Audio Device" driver of Windows 7 Ultimate from the manufacturer’s website and run Windows 7 Ultimate "High Definition Audio Device" driver in compatibility mode for your Windows 10 PC.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Please get back to us if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio driver compatibility issue causing Windows 10 V.1903 update to pause - Similar Threads - Audio driver compatibility

2. Nvidia compatibility issue with Photoshop and Windows v Dell Updates .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia compatibility issue with Photoshop and Windows v Dell Updates .: I have a Dell Xps laptop with Windows 10 . I am having issues with my Graphics Card and Adobe Photoshop . When I use Photoshop I periodically get the : error message and the screen freezes . I was advised by the Dell techy to only update on the Dell site and to ignore Windows...
  3. Nvidia compatibility issue with Photoshop and Windows v Dell Updates .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia compatibility issue with Photoshop and Windows v Dell Updates .: I have a Dell Xps laptop with Windows 10 . I am having issues with my Graphics Card and Adobe Photoshop . When I use Photoshop I periodically get the : error message and the screen freezes . I was advised by the Dell techy to only update on the Dell site and to ignore Windows...
  4. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues: Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current....
  5. Audio issues on Update 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues on Update 1903: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/na2ytwe0mcj51.png?width=381&format=png&auto=webp&s=d584c4d6a76f7d48bf05a59781743ef2f202baf5 Hey! After Update 1903 (I was using 1809) I can't switch between speakers and headset like I was used to, now I have to plug and unplug my...
  6. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some windows 10 updates, updated some drivers and ran CCleaner. When using my recording software (Cubase 9) with my Focusrite...
  7. pause updates in windows 10 ver, 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    pause updates in windows 10 ver, 1903: how do you turn off pause updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-updates-in-windows-10-ver-1903/87d7d9a4-4948-4afc-9ca3-ea513991110a
  8. WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903

WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903: I saw some forums saying to download this patch https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4505903/windows-10-update-kb4505903 , But it didn't let me install the patch? I tried X64 & Arm64. I'm having issues, with low volume, when playing Games, Youtube, etc. Whenever i play...
  9. Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903

Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903: I am having trouble with a Win 10 update to Version 1903. Its failed 3 times in 2 weeks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure-v-1903/b324450f-a5b6-44e6-bb5d-3adfce66e5af
  10. Windows 10, V. 1903 problems with audio drivers/links.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, V. 1903 problems with audio drivers/links.: With the latest Windows 10 Update (Version 1903), upon Shut Down and Rebooting, the OS somehow whomps the audio drivers/links, whereupon the entire audio card system must be reinstalled before the audio is restored. The audio troubleshooters do not solve the problem. And...