Windows 10: Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Discus and support Audio driver conflict causing stuttering? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I've been having an issue for months now, appreciate if anyone could help me out. My PC tends to stutter at random. FPS in games remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BENuggets, Dec 26, 2018.

1. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi All,

I've been having an issue for months now, appreciate if anyone could help me out.

My PC tends to stutter at random. FPS in games remain constant 60-40 but audio crackles and the display lags. As far as I can tell, the stuttering is random as CPU/GPU/Memory never hit 100% for the stuttering to trigger. I've checked hard pagefaults as well and my counts seem normal. Temp are normal as well.

This is a fresh install of Windows 10. The problem was persistent before, I had though that upgrading to an SSD whilst migrating to a fresh install would get rid of the problem.

Specs:
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zGtXekwbo2KrLjjKzSt85yj

Some clues:
    LatencyMon tells me that the highest DPC is coming from storport.sys.

"REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 101246.827802 Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.006552 Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.016620

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 4966232 DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 350 DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 4 DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 7 DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0"

I have a strong hunch that there's some conflict between Nvidia HD Audio and Realtek HD Audio drivers. Disabling one or both of the drivers tends to get rid of the stuttering. Nvidia HD Audio driver reinstalls itself though. I've reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, cleaning out using the DDU and deselecting the audio drivers on installation. Appreciate any advice on this, thanks!

:)

BENuggets, Dec 26, 2018

2. Audio and video stuttering in 1 room of the house

I have found that when I am in my living room, where the wifi router is, ANY audio and video will stutter. When I leave this room, all stuttering stops. Is the proximity to the router causing interference in playback? I can turn off my wifi on the computer
    and the stuttering also stops. This isn't a driver issue. It isn't a driver conflict issue. But, as I said, I only get this stuttering issue the closer I am to this room. I am at a loss.

KadoAintRight, Dec 26, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Dec 26, 2018
  4. jason761 Win User

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

I installed the realtek audio driver already. Im not sure why it says that.

jason761, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio driver conflict causing stuttering? - Similar Threads - Audio driver conflict

2. Drivers display cause my laptop stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers display cause my laptop stuttering: So after I update my laptop this stuttering like freezing every few seconds happened, I look all the way to solve this and now I knows the problem is, it is the driver display adapters. Btw my graphic card is AMD Radeon. So the "AMD Radeon TM R5 M330" Is causing the problem,...
  3. Drivers display cause my laptop stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers display cause my laptop stuttering: So after I update my laptop this stuttering like freezing every few seconds happened, I look all the way to solve this and now I knows the problem is, it is the driver display adapters. Btw my graphic card is AMD Radeon. So the "AMD Radeon TM R5 M330" Is causing the problem,...
  4. Drivers display cause my laptop stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11: DEVICEDevice name LAPTOP-DE7LMPIH Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.33 GB usable Device ID 95A5E7FB-E890-42EF-ABBD-8D5C65E3010E Product ID 00356-24564-47652-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and...
  6. Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11

Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11: DEVICEDevice name LAPTOP-DE7LMPIH Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.33 GB usable Device ID 95A5E7FB-E890-42EF-ABBD-8D5C65E3010E Product ID 00356-24564-47652-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and...
  7. Audio drivers and sound stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers and sound stutter: Hello!I have a problem with my sound and as I think with drivers..Week ago i discovered that my pc is doing weird things pc is new from June this year 2022 like sound stutter and with it screen lagging or something like that. This takes around 1,5 sec and meanwhile is...
  8. Audio drivers and sound stutter

Audio drivers and sound stutter: Hello!I have a problem with my sound and as I think with drivers..Week ago i discovered that my pc is doing weird things pc is new from June this year 2022 like sound stutter and with it screen lagging or something like that. This takes around 1,5 sec and meanwhile is...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  10. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft storage port driver latency

2. mouse stuttering realtek hd audio

3. gaming audio driver conflicts