Windows 10: Audio Driver continually failing to install / Windows does not recognize / System Device...

Discus and support Audio Driver continually failing to install / Windows does not recognize / System Device... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before getting into the crux of this post, I should note a few things and I have a custom built PC, and I use a special audio driver:RealTek HD Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Norman G., May 20, 2021.

1. Norman G. Win User

Audio Driver continually failing to install / Windows does not recognize / System Device...

Before getting into the crux of this post, I should note a few things and I have a custom built PC, and I use a special audio driver:RealTek HD Audio and;Nahimic 2 Audio Driver.Nahimic 2 is an "add-on" to the RealTek driver, and does not function without RealTek. Nahimic 2 allows me to better control treble, bass, and voice clarity through a control panel on the desktop, and gives me better performance with surround and stereo sound compared to RealTek.Additionally, I use surround sound headphones with a 3.5mm jack. I have tested the headphones with my phone and they work fine. This

:)

Norman G., May 20, 2021

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2021
  3. AndrewCh. Win User
    No audio output device is installed

Hello!

I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.

System configuration:

• Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;

Device manager shows these audio devices:

• High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

Solutions that have not worked so far:

1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not proceed at all, and installing a generic Realtek device causes a BSOD)
    Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

UPDATE (01.01.2020):

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, but a confirmed Windows problem.

AndrewCh., May 20, 2021
  4. netter Win User

Audio Driver continually failing to install / Windows does not recognize / System Device...

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio Driver continually failing to install / Windows does not recognize / System Device... - Similar Threads - Audio Driver continually

2. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  3. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  4. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  5. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  6. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. why does this update continuously fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does this update continuously fail to install: [ATTACH] I've tried multiple times but it just gives me the same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-update-continuously-fail-to-install/554bb817-c1ea-48ac-bc00-460c10dc526a
  8. Audio device not recognized

Audio device not recognized: Hi, so yesterday 3/30/2021 I updated my windows 10 to the latest version and when the update finished and my computer restarted my audio device stopped getting recognized. I have a laptop so every device is internal, I´ve checked de drivers and reinstalled many of them and...
  9. PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver"

PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver": Trying to install this device on my PC. Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Model AU-MMSA. It's supposed to be Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. PC is a Dell Optiplex 7040 running Win 10 Pro, ver. 1909 Build 18363.592 Multiple attempts to install...
  10. Audio drivers not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio drivers not recognized: When I plug my headset into my PC, it is recognized as, what it is, a Plantronics 3225. However, between a few minutes and a few hours later, it will change to a CONEXANT USB AUDIO driver, and the sound quality, especially on the microphone, will become really lousy. Is there...