Windows 10: Audio Driver is fine, but no sound

Discus and support Audio Driver is fine, but no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I ran into a problem today. When I booted up my PC, the speaker logo at the bottom of the screen says that the Audio Service is not running,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vito1998, Dec 23, 2020.

1. vito1998 Win User

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound

Hello,

I ran into a problem today. When I booted up my PC, the speaker logo at the bottom of the screen says that the Audio Service is not running, so I checked by opening services.msc and it was indeed disabled (though I had no idea how this could happen). Then, I enabled it and restarted my PC. It's finally enabled, but there's no sound at all. I have tried to re-install the driver, but it still did not work. I also tried to test it, but it came out with an error message "Failed to play test tone." Could someone please tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

P.S. I checked the driver, and it seems fine.

:)

vito1998, Dec 23, 2020

2. Audio is working fine but event Sounds missing

Hello Luis,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in audio troubleshooter and check. Refer to the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Playing audio to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Follow the below settings and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Sound icon from System tray.

2. Select Sounds.

3. Now click on Sounds tab and under
    Sound scheme select Windows default and save it.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 23, 2020
  3. "No output device installed" even though all drivers are fine

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with audio on the computer.

The issue could occur if audio drivers are corrupted or outdated.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to troubleshoot with the issue:

Step 1: Use the audio troubleshooter

Windows includes an audio troubleshooter that automatically detects issues with audio and sound devices. Follow these steps to use the audio troubleshooter:

• Restart the computer.

• Check the Sound icon in the taskbar.
      If the icon is normal (
      Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954541.gif
      ) and the computer has sound, the issue is resolved.
      If the icon has an X in the lower corner (
      Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954538.gif
      ), continue with the next step.

• Click the Sound icon in the taskbar
      Or
      Right-click the icon, and then click Troubleshoot sound problems.

Figure : Troubleshoot sound problems

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954542.gif

• The audio troubleshooter checks for sound problems. When the troubleshooter finishes, it displays the results.

Figure : Troubleshooting results

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954543.gif

If the computer has sound, the issue is resolved.
      If the computer still has no sound, click Explore additional options or proceed to the next Step to reinstall the audio driver.

Step 2: Reinstall the audio driver

Follow these steps to use the Hardware Driver Reinstaller to install the original audio driver:

• Click Start Search, Recovery Manager, and then click
      Recovery Manager again.
      Figure : Recovery Manager

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954544.gif

• On the Hardware Driver Reinstallation welcome screen, click Next.

• Select the audio driver to reinstall, and then click Next.

Figure : Select the driver to reinstall

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound c01954545.gif

• The Recovery Manager begins reinstalling the driver. After the driver installation is complete, click
      Finish to restart the computer.

• After the computer restarts, test for sound.
      If the computer has sound, the issue is resolved.
      If the computer still has no sound, proceed to the next Step to reinstall the audio driver.

Follow the troubleshooting and reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio Driver is fine, but no sound - Similar Threads - Audio Driver fine

2. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  3. Audio drivers and sound stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers and sound stutter: Hello!I have a problem with my sound and as I think with drivers..Week ago i discovered that my pc is doing weird things pc is new from June this year 2022 like sound stutter and with it screen lagging or something like that. This takes around 1,5 sec and meanwhile is...
  4. Audio drivers and sound stutter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio drivers and sound stutter: Hello!I have a problem with my sound and as I think with drivers..Week ago i discovered that my pc is doing weird things pc is new from June this year 2022 like sound stutter and with it screen lagging or something like that. This takes around 1,5 sec and meanwhile is...
  5. Sound Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Realtek Audio Driver: Hello, I had just got a new case for my computer and had to move all my hardware. Everything seems to be working correctly though my headphones aren't playing any sound Audio-technica ATH-M50x. The sound was working perfectly fine before the change happened. The device is...
  6. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...: Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in...
  7. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...: Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in...
  8. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

9. Realtek audio driver no sound

Realtek audio driver no sound: I noticed my audio channels were reversed on my Logitech headset so I looked up how to reverse the channels. Everything I found pointed to getting the HD audio manager so I installed the driver and that's where I ran into problems. My computer was no longer detecting the...
  10. Audio, sound, driver

Audio, sound, driver: while i plug in my headphone speaker still play without any sound from headphones and when i restart my Laptob the headphone will play but if i remove it and then plug in again, then the speaker still play without any sound from headphone. i tried alot to update sound...