Windows 10: Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

Discus and support Audio driver issue after windows update 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped it sounds like a phone speaker now So here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RothTamas, Jul 1, 2020.

1. RothTamas Win User

Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

Hi.

I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped it sounds like a phone speaker now

So here is my setup:

MSI b350 gaming pro carbon motherboard

AMD ryzen 2700x

32GB Corsair Vengeance pro ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti

I use a headset in the aux port and a Samsung N400 Soundbar in the optical audio output. Realtek Digital output

I figured from the start that this probably is a driver issue so I immediately went to device manager to update audio drivers. However, the driver for my soundbar is "Audio Endpoint" from Microsoft, and it should be a Realtek high definition audio driver v 6.0.8746.1. This driver is installed on my computer, but it is shown as not compatible with my hardware. This worked before, so I uninstalled the windows update but still not working.

I have tried googling for help but I have not found anything that works. Any idea how can I fix my audio?

:)

RothTamas, Jul 1, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio driver issue after windows update 1909 - Similar Threads - Audio driver issue

2. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues: Hello,I recently purchased a new headset. When plugging in via USB, my machine does not seem to automatically detect the USB device and install drivers. While following the manufacturer's recommendations and installing the G Hub app to get the drivers installed, I noticed...
  3. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues: Hello,I recently purchased a new headset. When plugging in via USB, my machine does not seem to automatically detect the USB device and install drivers. While following the manufacturer's recommendations and installing the G Hub app to get the drivers installed, I noticed...
  4. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver: Hi does anyone know why after I updated my Realtek (speaker) software I heard buzzy sound when I plugged in my earphone? Idk how to fix it but the issue appeared after I rebooted my laptop after I updated the software. I really need help submitted by /u/raihanabdan...
  6. Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?: Hi, I'm looking for some help with this audio problem I'm having. My problem is that certain sounds are too low while others are too high, and there is no bass. This happens while I'm on Youtube, watching a movie or playing video games . For example, lets say I'm playing a...
  7. Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update

Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update: I have looked at a bunch of articles with the Steelseries headsets that have multiple out sources. Example mine had a dedicated chat audio land for both input and output. Then the Headset also has a single output called Game. I have tried uninstall reinstalling drivers, going...
  8. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...
  9. Audio not working after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio not working after 1909 update: My laptop audio is not working after the update of windows 10 1909. I have a gaming laptop OMEN by HP - 15-ce001ne. This audio issue has happened multiple times during the 1903 update, I contacted Microsoft support. They remotely accessed to my laptop and tried every...
  10. Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909: Currently I use windows 10 on my pc and after my most recent update to version 1909 my sound has stopped working. There is x icon in the audio icon and said that The audio service is not running. I try check in services.msc but can't find Windows Audio service there. There...