Windows 10: Audio driver issues after reset

Discus and support Audio driver issues after reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop was stuck on the automatic repair loop, so I reset my laptop and found that my audio drivers were changed to Realtek Endpoint (pretty sure it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter Suh, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Peter Suh Win User

Audio driver issues after reset

My laptop was stuck on the automatic repair loop, so I reset my laptop and found that my audio drivers were changed to Realtek Endpoint (pretty sure it was Realtek HD Audio before) Ever since my microphone has been having problems, as my voice keeps getting cut off during calls. If I buy an actual microphone will that solve the issue? If not, please help me!

:)

Peter Suh, Dec 12, 2018

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 audio driver issue

Hi Hani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform playing audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Updating the Audio drivers.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

3. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Audio driver issues after reset

dolby advanced audio v2 driver issue.....

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

This issue seems to be due to the incompatible audio card drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to uninstall existing Audio Card Drivers and then reinstall the latest Windows 10 compatible Drivers for your computer model from the Lenovo website.
    Please follow these steps:

Step: 1

Uninstall the Device Drivers:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Audio device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
    device
    ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

After the restart, please open the Device Manager again and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button.

Check if Windows 10 detects the Audio Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically. If the issue still persists, then try the next step.

Step: 2

Install the latest available Audio driver for Windows 10(32 bit, 64 bit).

Please download and install the latest Windows 10 drivers for your computer model from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Audio driver issues after reset

1. Audio driver issues after reset - Similar Threads - Audio driver issues

2. Audio Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Driver Issues: I have a Dell Laptop running in windows 11 with Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.8984.1.When I plug in my earphones after booting up, the earphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the earphones in, the earphones work fine and the speaker is off....
  3. No Audio Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Driver issue: Hi Team, we are facing major Audio issues with Window 11. Audio works fine on teams call but always shows No audio driver error on SIP calling app like Zoiper and Microsip. We tried all fix posted online like restarting system, uninstalling updates, reinstalling updated...
  4. No Audio Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Driver issue: Hi Team, we are facing major Audio issues with Window 11. Audio works fine on teams call but always shows No audio driver error on SIP calling app like Zoiper and Microsip. We tried all fix posted online like restarting system, uninstalling updates, reinstalling updated...
  5. Audio driver issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio driver issue?: Hi! Everytime I boot up my PC, the audio doesn’t work. It just started randomly doing it one day, no idea why. I have to uninstall my RealtekR audio driver and restart the PC for it to work again. Every time I turn it on. I’ve got a HP Omen 25L running Windows 10. When I’ve...
  6. Audio driver issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver issue?: Hi! Everytime I boot up my PC, the audio doesn’t work. It just started randomly doing it one day, no idea why. I have to uninstall my RealtekR audio driver and restart the PC for it to work again. Every time I turn it on. I’ve got a HP Omen 25L running Windows 10. When I’ve...
  7. Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver: Hi does anyone know why after I updated my Realtek (speaker) software I heard buzzy sound when I plugged in my earphone? Idk how to fix it but the issue appeared after I rebooted my laptop after I updated the software. I really need help submitted by /u/raihanabdan...
  8. Audio drivers Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio drivers Issue: Before we start...... My Audio works just fine with a wireless bluetooth & to ensure that the speakers are actually fine i also ran Dell Diagnostic Tool & Also tested the speakers & the audio jack with UbuntuUSB Bootable... The Problem I am facing is that as also hinted...
  9. Audio Driver Issues

Audio Driver Issues: Often when I start my PC my 'SpeakersRealtekR Audio' driver is constantly switching on and off and from visible to hidden in device manager, other times it will be enabled for minutes but it will briefly flicker off then on, crashing some applications. When it is off it says...
  10. Audio driver issue

Audio driver issue: I have upgrade windows 10 today. After updating windows audio driver is not working properly. I am facing some problem such as problem to open some apps like #conxent audio driver's dolby audio is not working. Even I can't uninstall the driver. Uninstall option do not show...