Windows 10: audio driver missing

Discus and support audio driver missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i deleted my high definition audio driver and restarted my computer to reinstall it but it didnt reinstall and i dont know how to get it back so my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by coensisk, May 20, 2020.

1. coensisk Win User

audio driver missing

so i deleted my high definition audio driver and restarted my computer to reinstall it but it didnt reinstall and i dont know how to get it back so my laptop has lost all of its sound

:)

coensisk, May 20, 2020

2. Audio driver is missing

Hi Mark,

Audio issues might have been caused by incompatible or missing audio driver. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting methods given on this article:

Fix sound problems

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 20, 2020
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
  4. audio driver missing

Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 20, 2020
Thema:

audio driver missing

1. audio driver missing - Similar Threads - audio driver missing

2. Realtek Audio Driver is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver is missing: I recently reinstalled Windows 11. After manually installing all of my motherboard's drivers, I realized the Realtek Audio Driver was not installing properly. It appears in Installed Apps and in File Explorer, but it does not appear in Device Manager or Task Manager or...
  3. Missing audio drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing audio drivers: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/i6d77nfup7sb1.png?width=1042&format=png&auto=webp&s=be423c1ccec6402a9416afdf9af54fb91b4a480a submitted by /u/RobertLUL1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16zrrgg/missing_audio_drivers/
  4. laptop is missing audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is missing audio driver: Im currently using an asus vivobook 14/15 on a Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.891, and it cant seem to detect any audio devices. I tried checking the device manager as well but the sound tab is missing.included are the screenshots of my system...
  5. laptop is missing audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop is missing audio driver: Im currently using an asus vivobook 14/15 on a Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.891, and it cant seem to detect any audio devices. I tried checking the device manager as well but the sound tab is missing.included are the screenshots of my system...
  6. laptop is missing audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is missing audio driver: Im currently using an asus vivobook 14/15 on a Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.891, and it cant seem to detect any audio devices. I tried checking the device manager as well but the sound tab is missing....
  7. Missing Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Audio Driver: My laptop only has sound when plugged into HDMI. The Realtek audio driver is missing even when I go into the device manager and select "show hidden". The laptop does not connect to any external speaker or head phones and comes up with the message "The audio peripheral does...
  8. Missing audio drivers

Missing audio drivers: I have a Intel NUC which I put a m.2 in and booted windows onto it off of a USB. It was my intention to use it for my TV to stream however the computer gave me the "No Audio Output Device Installed" error. I looked under device manager and there was none, zero audio drivers....
  9. audio driver missing

audio driver missing: I can't find the audio driver in the device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-missing/e284fe0b-db46-4660-bd4f-5b30bcf63525
  10. 10061 Missing Audio Driver

10061 Missing Audio Driver: Hello, I recently updated to 10061, and now my headphones don't work. A yellow triangle with an exclamation point is on top of the name in the device manager, as well as an error 10 in the properties. Obviously it just has bad drivers, but these headphones (Turtle Beach z22)...