Windows 10: Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

Discus and support Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tom82, Jun 9, 2016.

1. tom82 Win User

Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep.

When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following:

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use

I have tried powercfg /requestsoverride driver "VIA HD Audio" system, but it still shows when powercfg /requests is run.

What else can I do to make sure this driver is disabled from preventing the computer from sleeping?

Thank you

:)

tom82, Jun 9, 2016
  2. AngusYB Win User

Another BSOD Attempted to write readonly from sleep Windows 10 (dmp inside)

Hello everyone, I've seen several threads similar to this one before, but none of the solutions have fixed my problem.

Basically, when my win7-win10 upgraded pc wakes from sleep, it crashes. I had problems that prevented my computer from sleeping before, which led me to disable my creative audio drivers and use the mobo's audio instead.

I ran through some of the similar threads, stressed the drivers with verifier, and here's the .dmp that resulted:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

this dmp occurred on start-up after using verifier to stress. I disabled the stress, computer starts fine, still restarts on wake from sleep.

No other weirdness besides from the earlier reported audio issues. Those drivers are no longer on the computer so I do not think they are connected, but figured it was relevant information.

AngusYB, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 wont sleep when audio stream is currently in use

This question is asked a few times, but I'm not finding any solutions that work.

Windows 10 for some reason forces a wake at 2:15am to check for updates (UpdateOrchestrator/Reboot task).

Unfortunately I cannot change that schedule since Windows just overrides my changes.

So if I leave a program open that might use audio stream (Chrome, IE, Unity 3D) Windows will not automatically return to sleep. Lots of programs use the audio stream and prevent sleep...

When I check powercfg /requests I am told the an audio stream is currently in use. This happens whether the audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio or Logitech G930 Audio.

If I add an override to the requests with powercfg /requestsoverride driver "driver name" SYSTEM the sleep issue persists.

So, basically I have to wake up at 2am every night to force my computer to sleep because Microsoft decided to run a scheduled task at that preposterous time and they decided to not address this common sleep issue (search google for it, you'll see 100s of
    results).

Microsoft: Just add an option that audio stream does not prevent sleep. Is it really that hard to address issues that so many of your customers have?

PS - Drivers are up to date for both of these items. I've tried resetting power scheme as well. I've tried full reinstall of the drivers. This is a Windows power settings issue, this is not a driver issue.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jun 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Something must be keeping the audio alive. Do you have Hey Cortana on and in listening mode?

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  5. tom82 Win User
    How do I find out what is using the audio driver to keep the pc awake?
    How do I find the settings for cortana to check?
    Should not be listening as there is no mic connected to the system.

When the system starts the audio driver does not show when powercfg /requests is done, it seems to appear some time later and or after the pc has slept.

tom82, Jun 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    The Cortana settings are here:

Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  7. tom82 Win User
    Ok mine looks like this:

Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping [​IMG]

tom82, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping - Similar Threads - Audio driver preventing

2. Need help preventing mouse from booting computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help preventing mouse from booting computer from sleep.: I have unchecked the setting in the power management tab that says "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" and it has had no effect. i tried to disable devicewake via the command prompt, and it says i am not authorized to do it. So i tried to activate the hidden...
  3. Need help preventing mouse from booting computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help preventing mouse from booting computer from sleep.: I have unchecked the setting in the power management tab that says "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" and it has had no effect. i tried to disable devicewake via the command prompt, and it says i am not authorized to do it. So i tried to activate the hidden...
  4. How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?: As per image below and question above : There's no option for me to toggle whether this device can prevent my PC from going to sleep. I also don't understand why "HD Audio" is in use even though NOTHING is playing in the background. How can I resolve this? Lastly, what is a...
  5. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  6. Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio driver prevents sleep mode.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003\4&6247a28&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use. I've tried closing every program on my PC. Browser, Steam,...
  7. RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping: Hi everyone, I've checked out the other threads on this issue and have tried all of their solutions - no luck so far. As they are all locked, I thought I would post another thread. I recently purchased a new desktop and have had troubles getting it to go to sleep or turn...
  8. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  9. USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping

USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping: My computer just will not sleep, either automatically or manually. I just disconnected each USB device one by one and found that it's the printer that's the culprit. There's no way in device manager to change the power setting for it to allow the computer to sleep. Can...
  10. PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep)

PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep): Hi! Any idea how I could solve this problem? Runing Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] gives: Code: SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_ ...) An audio stream is currently in use. [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio preventing computer from sleeping

2. realtek high definition audio prevent sleep

3. nvifia audio driver wong let pc skeep

4. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003,
  5. an audio stream is currently in use powercfg,
  6. windows 10 wont sleep realtek audio,
  7. windows 10 an audio stream is currently in use,
  8. compute cannto sleep becuse realtek high definition audio,
  9. High Definition Audio Device preventing sleep mode,
  10. realtek audio driver keeping from sleep,
  11. audio driver currently in use does not lseep,