Windows 10: Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

Discus and support Audio driver prevents sleep mode. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BuldozerX, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003\4&6247a28&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use.

I've tried closing every program on my PC. Browser, Steam, Cortana and so on...

Still mye PC wont go to sleep when this happens, and it doesn't happen constantly.

submitted by /u/BuldozerX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BuldozerX, Feb 15, 2021

2. Audio driver preventing sleep mode/audio playing while in sleep mode windows 10

I have problem with audio playing even though I put my laptop to sleep. The audio driver also uses a lot of power in sleep mode, constant cpu usage. Using the powercfg SleepStudy and requests functions Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is constantly
    using resources in sleep mode. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling and also updating from the manufacturer site put to no avail. I also tried powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" SYSTEM command put it didn't
    work. This problem is making sleep mode near useless since it draws nearly as much power as having the laptop on all the time. My laptop is the Asus UX430UN if that is relevant for troubleshooting. Does anyone have ideas how I should go about fixing this issue?

David WJ K, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Audio driver (Voicemeeter) preventing Windows from sleeping

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I suggest you to try updating your Audio driver (Voicemeeter) and check for the issue. If the issue still persists then I
    suggest you to uninstall the application and check if the issue still remains the same. This is to check if the third party application is conflicting to the issue.

If the sleep mode issue still persist after uninstalling the application, I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

Refer the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Adaptor.

3. Right click on the video driver and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

Audio driver preventing sleep mode/audio playing while in sleep mode windows 10

Hi David,

Sleep mode uses very little power and once you wake up your computer, you're instantly back to where you left off. To turn off audio playing while on sleep mode, you can try to turn off audio jack sensing and the mic on the Realtek audio manager app.

Update us with the result.

Ar Rom, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

1. Audio driver prevents sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Audio driver prevents

2. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  3. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  4. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  5. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  6. backup scan prevents sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup scan prevents sleep mode: Using WIndows 10, my PC stopped automatically or manually entering sleep mode. Using the Powercfg /waketimers command in command mode, it is revealed that a service, backup scan is preventing sleep mode. However, backup mode is turned off. Any idea what is causing this...
  7. Prevent Windows 10 Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent Windows 10 Sleep Mode: Monitor Turns Off Automatically Computer goes to sleep automatically Goto start > settings > system > Power and sleep To turn off monitor sleep mode Under the screen section 1. Set On battery power, turn off after "Never" Note: Battery Charger removed 2. Set When...
  8. usb audio device prevents windows from entering sleep mode

usb audio device prevents windows from entering sleep mode: Hello, For about one month my PC nor more enter screen saver nor sleep mode. I've found that it only arrise when my USB DAC Aune X1S is connected. If i powered it off, screen saver and sleep mode are ok. Driver are UpToDate. powercfg -requests : DISPLAY :...
  9. PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep)

PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep): Hi! Any idea how I could solve this problem? Runing Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] gives: Code: SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_ ...) An audio stream is currently in use. [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files...
  10. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...