Windows 10: Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p

Discus and support Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been driving me crazy for weeks.. since I decided to fix this long-standing issue Problem: I am unable to get DTS/DD 5.1 audio from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr Stuff, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Mr Stuff Win User

Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p

This has been driving me crazy for weeks.. since I decided to fix this long-standing issue

Problem: I am unable to get DTS/DD 5.1 audio from the motherboard S/PDIF output, when playing media via VLC 3.0.4 or Media Player Classic, from downloaded media/test files or from DVDs.

What it definitely isn't: S/PDIF - I can get PCM just fine; Windows generally - audio device manager format test outputs DTS and DD test audio to 5 channels correctly.

Key Observation: I have a GTX 1080 Ti which feeds HDMI to a Panasonic TV. All the nVidia drivers were installed, even though I did not use the TV audio (preferring the 5.1 out of my Denon AVR-1306 receiver via S/PDIF).

On updating the graphics driver recently (to 416.34) I accidentally omitted the HD Audio driver. Before rebooting I realised this and decided to retest VLC audio output. With the Denon set to decode DTS only I was surprised to hear audio from the DTS 5.1 demo media I played. Unfortunately it was only stereo.

I tried changing the DirectX speak config from Stereo to 5.1 in VLC and then I received nothing. So I rebooted, thinking that would clear out any lingering driver traces.

Unfortunately, on reboot I cannot get any DTS output (again)... let alone 5.1, but because nothing else changed that VLC config probably isn't the (whole) problem either .

Audio device a management has the Realtek High Definition Audio Digital Output as default and all others - Realtek Speakers, Panasonic-TV, 3 x Digital Audio (HDMI) with Microsoft Drivers - disabled. The Realtek HD Audio driver is 6.0.1.8339

And FWIW, System services does have DTS APO Service running and there don't seem to be any problems with the components it depends on (RPC, DCOM Server, RPC Endpoint mapper, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

Question: if I could be more specific I would *Wink - it's just: what do I have to do to get DTS/DD 5.1 out of this system that is clearly capable of doing so and only seems not to because of some configuration issues. And/or how would I trace the problem further?

TIA - J

:)

Mr Stuff, Oct 14, 2018
  2. mmortal03 Win User

DTS sound over s/pdif. Windows 10

I'm experiencing something similar, where Dolby Digital 5.1 works through S/PDIF optical, but DTS Audio does not. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Anniversary Update with the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers.

I get no sound when testing DTS Audio in the Realtek Digital Output properties -> Supported Formats tab.

mmortal03, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

windows 10 build 16184 fixed yeahhhhhhhhh
    ""
    • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
    • "

itachimendes, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p

DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p

1. Audio Driver(s) config for S/PDIF passthrough for DTS/DD o/p - Similar Threads - Audio Driver config

2. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  3. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  4. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11: Dear Community Members,is there currently an easy way to set S/PDIF passthrough at an operating system level to a default audio device?I tried all the control panel settings, sound settings from the settings application and settings accessible from the device manager, but I...
  6. S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11: Dear Community Members,is there currently an easy way to set S/PDIF passthrough at an operating system level to a default audio device?I tried all the control panel settings, sound settings from the settings application and settings accessible from the device manager, but I...
  7. Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10: Hello,I recently got an HDMI to DVI cable for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti for my PC to help with a sound issue. My computer lists "Digital Audio S/PDIF" as an option, saying the driver is just fine and even having the bar that shows that audio is playing is animated as if...
  8. Pc only shows s/pdif in audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc only shows s/pdif in audio: I just got a fresh install of windows 10 In my pc,no matter how i try to connect speakers through dvi,audio ports and optical it always shows it as using s/pdif and even after i go to device manager it still does not show`any different audio forms...
  9. Windows 10 s/pdif not working.

Windows 10 s/pdif not working.: HI all, new to this forum. My system is as follows. My PC is based on an ASUS Prime Z370-A-II. Intel lI5 9600KF, 16 Gbytes of RAM, Radeon RX580 GPU connect via HDMI to a Samsung QLED 55 curved TV via a Marantz SR7005 AV receiver. I am cannot get audio to play using the...
  10. ****A****u****d****i****o**** ****i****s**** ****C****h****o****p****p****y****...

****A****u****d****i****o**** ****i****s**** ****C****h****o****p****p****y****...: ****Y****e****s****t****e****r****d****a****y**** ****I**** ****w****a****s**** ****j****u****s****t**** ****w****a****t****c****h****i****n****g**** ****v****i****d****e****o****s**** ****w****h****e****n**** ****s****u****d****d****e****n****l****y**** ****t****h****e****...