Windows 10: Audio Driver sound latency

Discus and support Audio Driver sound latency in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bmwcontracting, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Audio Driver sound latency

I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do my audio recording without any noticeable latency, but now, I can't listen and record at the same time.

:)

bmwcontracting, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Audio Driver sound latency

multiple audio drivers causing sound problem

Hi Shahriar,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; uninstall a driver, might lead to device/features not work properly.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Audio Driver sound latency

1. Audio Driver sound latency - Similar Threads - Audio Driver sound

2. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  3. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  4. Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems: Please, I am exhausted trying to fix these audio problems. Can't find a solution after many days trying to fix these latency problems. I get audio stuttering and pops when reproducing audio or videos, in spotify, watching youtube, anywhere.LatenciMon's report says...
  5. storport.sys driver high latency audio/video slutter

storport.sys driver high latency audio/video slutter: Hi. I experience this issue for about a year now. Finally, I made a DPC latencytest and found out about high storport.sys latency that might be causing slutter video and audio for about a second every 20-40 mins. How can I solve this? REPORT: [ATTACH]...
  6. Audio, sound, driver

Audio, sound, driver: while i plug in my headphone speaker still play without any sound from headphones and when i restart my Laptob the headphone will play but if i remove it and then plug in again, then the speaker still play without any sound from headphone. i tried alot to update sound...
  7. sound latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound latency issues: my laptop is a lenovo y530-ICH . I have serious sound latency issues. I have updated all drivers of software and hardware, set battery to performance, reinstalled Windows , disabled various applications , reinstalled drivers , made full scans, tried third party software, no...
  8. Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Almost every action in Windows 10 is followed by a sound, especially on laptops. Now, what if you are experiencing a noticeable delay in that sound? I am not talking about a delay of a minute, but noticeable which could [...] This post Sound delays, lags and...
  9. Will different audio drivers cure audio latency?

Will different audio drivers cure audio latency?: I've been trying for over 6 months to get my HP i7 Pavillion to function as a guitar amp modeler, but even using ASIO4ALL in the Guitar Rig application does not help to where it is usable. My Dell Vostro 2 core running Win Xp and Amplitube3 plays just fine, with latency that...
  10. High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver

High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver: I was wondering if anyone found a solution for a high latency issue with intel's ethernet drivers and windows 10 which results in ndis.sys driver producing stuttering? It's a known issue which became worse with the release of windows 10 and apparently the only solution so far...