Windows 10: Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Discus and support Audio drivers broken after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JoelRolo Win User

Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected and because I have a laptop I can't "unplug and plug back in" the devices.

In device manager there is a "another devices" tab with Intel High Definition Audio with a yellow exclamation mark. In the properties for it it says there are no drivers installed for this device and when I click on "update driver" it tries to do it but fails.

The microphone doesnt work either, all of my audio is gone.

Best regards, Joel.

:)

JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018
  2. StewartMckinna Win User

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio drivers broken after Windows update - Similar Threads - Audio drivers broken

2. No audio after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after update: Anyone know how to fix this problem ,only started after a update on Wednesday . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-update/60f96e34-1180-4c64-90a2-69842435dfd9
  3. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...
  4. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...
  5. audio driver after windows 10 upgrade

audio driver after windows 10 upgrade: ok so I have upgraded to windows 10 but cant seem to find audio driver it is vinyl audio vt1708s chipset is asus b75m lx where to get it and my mic. is not being detected thanks...
  6. Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update

Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update: audio keep having popping sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-crackling-and-popping-sound-after-windows/383e8084-6df3-4863-a935-24b824c3acbd
  7. Via audio driver doen't working anymore after windows update.

Via audio driver doen't working anymore after windows update.: After updating latest windows 1709 my audio driver broken. At first i thought sound enhancement feature called "Speaker Fill" didn't work.But when i play multi-ch audio only two speaker is working & other are mute. My motherboard is Asus p7-H55-mlx/usb3. I contact with Via...
  8. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute: Hi, I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart 600, if it matters. I have checked the status of my audio systems (all claim to be preforming normally), restarted the...
  9. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!: VIA Audio has updated their drivers as of 8/18/2015. They previously did not have any released for Windows 10 yet, these solved some problems I was having with VT 2021 codec! VIA Vinyl Audio - VIA Technologies, Inc. 17551
  10. Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?

Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?: Is my soundcard broken? Just a day ago I accidentally yanked my headphone cord while it was in the socket(the one on the back of my desktop). This broke the plastic around the edge. Now when I plug my headphones in again, the sound is missing half of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update intel drivers audio broken