Windows 10: Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Discus and support Audio drivers broken after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JoelRolo Win User

Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected and because I have a laptop I can't "unplug and plug back in" the devices.

In device manager there is a "another devices" tab with Intel High Definition Audio with a yellow exclamation mark. In the properties for it it says there are no drivers installed for this device and when I click on "update driver" it tries to do it but fails.

The microphone doesnt work either, all of my audio is gone.

Best regards, Joel.

:)

JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio drivers broken after Windows update - Similar Threads - Audio drivers broken

2. Office is broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office is broken after update: Not a single office application will open. They dont even load or show up in processes. I checked for updates, reinstalled a NEWER addition of office and it still wont work. What is going on?...
  3. Audio is literally broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is literally broken: When i plugged in my Speakers and tried to watch youtube it had no sound and when i checked it says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" sooo yea..... someone help...
  4. Audio is Broken / cant update windows

Audio is Broken / cant update windows: Hello, About a week ago my computer froze and I force shutdown with the power button. When it restarted, the audio service was not running, and it says no audio devices are installed. When I try to start it in services.msc it says access is denied with code 0x80070005....
  5. FTP broken after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP broken after windows update: I have been using 2 FTP programs (Coffee cup direct ftp, and intersoft ftp navigator) on my HP laptop since I got it. A few weeks ago I got a windows update and now neither of them work. They open and act like they are connecting to the server but thats as far as they get....
  6. Broken Computer after Update....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Computer after Update....: After updating to the lates version of Windows, the update broke my entire computer. Here is what is happening: -All the setting and adjustments are negated (is like i did not change any setting at all) -Graphics are glitched as hell (not even the mouse pointer scheme is...
  7. My Audio is Broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Audio is Broken?: Okay so basically, a couple of months back, around October 29th, 2018, I had updated my computer because of a mandatory update that kept reappearing every 50 minutes. When I had finally decided to update it, I had shut off my computer too so it'll update then shut down. The...
  8. Computer broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer broken after update: Today I've been getting the notification for a new update and I had just been delaying it by a hour, then when I come back and turn on my laptop, after i log in the screen is black except for taskbar and recycle bin. Except nothing works, even when I click on it. A text box...
  9. Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update

Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update: audio keep having popping sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-crackling-and-popping-sound-after-windows/383e8084-6df3-4863-a935-24b824c3acbd
  10. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute: Hi, I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart 600, if it matters. I have checked the status of my audio systems (all claim to be preforming normally), restarted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update intel drivers audio broken