Windows 10: Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Discus and support Audio drivers broken after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JoelRolo Win User

Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected and because I have a laptop I can't "unplug and plug back in" the devices.

In device manager there is a "another devices" tab with Intel High Definition Audio with a yellow exclamation mark. In the properties for it it says there are no drivers installed for this device and when I click on "update driver" it tries to do it but fails.

The microphone doesnt work either, all of my audio is gone.

Best regards, Joel.

:)

JoelRolo, Oct 11, 2018

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio drivers broken after Windows update - Similar Threads - Audio drivers broken

2. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  3. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  4. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  5. No Audio After Updating Drivers

No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  6. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update: Yesterday I've updated to win11 and with that all my audio worked as before until I decided to play some apex legends today, as a fps game it helps to hear what's going on around player and it sometime was an issue on win 10 where in realtek if there was virtuall surround...
  8. Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update

Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update: Yesterday I've updated to win11 and with that all my audio worked as before until I decided to play some apex legends today, as a fps game it helps to hear what's going on around player and it sometime was an issue on win 10 where in realtek if there was virtuall surround...
  9. Broken Audio Drivers

Broken Audio Drivers: Hello,I am having problems with my sound, the only driver that appears is NVIDIA high definition audio which connects to my monitor. I've installed Realtek drivers but it wont show, another thing that does not seem to be there is high definition audio. I was simply trying to...
  10. Audio drivers broken???

Audio drivers broken???: So, my computer started freezing and making a skreeching sound and this has happened before. I was able to fix it by uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them. It started happening again but this time something did not go right. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broken audio drivers

2. windows update intel drivers audio broken