Windows 10: Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings...

Discus and support Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Since about the last windows update, on and off. I have been having issues where which if i connect an audio device headset with the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Philipll, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Philipll Win User

Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings...

Hello.

Since about the last windows update, on and off. I have been having issues where which if i connect an audio device headset with the audio jack. Sometimes also Bluetooth. The computers audio manager/audio settings starts freezing. Troubleshooting tells me that audio services are not responding. If i try to check different audio settings, their options menus keep freezing. Videos and audio don't play and sometimes do with abnormally long loading times, but no audio is output. I believe it might be a problem with the audio drivers, but i am having trouble finding a way to check their integrity. They have no updates. Windows update gave me an error code that was telling me to check windows file integrity. I did so and it found something wrong. I fixed it and restarted my pc. Still i had the same problem. The day after, it wasn't there at all. Next day; today, it is back again.

I am going to find a way to reinstall the drivers, if that works for more than a day, i'll edit this post/post an update in comments.

Please, i literally can't get sound from my PC

:)

Philipll, Apr 13, 2021

2. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Apr 13, 2021
  3. GDW666 Win User
    Audio stopped working.

"Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running."

I have tried all documented suggestions from running the Trouble Shooter, to going into the Task Manager and checking that all tasks, including related tasks, are running and even restarting, to removing the drivers and reinstalling (Realtek and Nvidia).

When I went to the suggestion to remove 'enhancements', it would not generate the system sound it was supposed to create.

Before a point that I had to run a 'restore point' restore because an earlier driver update (not related to audio as far as I know) had an error and I could not get Quicken to run, the audio had worked.

I am lost. Help.

GDW666, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings...

audio not working

Hi Josh,

Outdated drivers can prevent your computer from detecting plugged audio devices. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the built-in audio troubleshooter in Windows 10. This tool was specially designed to find and fix common audio or sound problems automatically. Here's how to do it:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the issue persists, this
    article
    has step-by-step instructions on how to update your sound drivers, set default device, turn off audio enhancements, and try different audio formats. Follow the steps carefully.

We look forward to your reply and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings... - Similar Threads - Audio drivers working

2. Audio not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working correctly: I have a issue with the audio from laptop: When I plug my headsets into my laptop, they work fine. But when I unplug and then plug them again, my laptop doesn't detect the audio. It starts working again when I restart my laptop but the issue doesn't go away. It only works...
  3. Audio not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio not working correctly: I have a issue with the audio from laptop: When I plug my headsets into my laptop, they work fine. But when I unplug and then plug them again, my laptop doesn't detect the audio. It starts working again when I restart my laptop but the issue doesn't go away. It only works...
  4. Audio driver not working

Audio driver not working: i was repeatedly having audio issues, only sound coming form one side of my headphone. i reinstalled my divers everything was good as new. after some time again. this issue kept coming back so i tied updating my current driver "high definition audio driver" with realtek ones...
  5. Audio drivers not working ?

Audio drivers not working ?: I had a issue with my audio coming out of PC. When I play a game the sound that should come from left was coming from right side. I run windows troubleshoot and it reinstalled the drivers. Before that there was Realtek drivers and now it shows as S/PDIF HIGH-DEFINITION AUDIO...
  6. Audio drivers not working

Audio drivers not working: My audio drivers won't work any more. When I go to device manager, it says:"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Object Name not found."I've tried to delete and restart my laptop, but that didn't solve...
  7. Audio Drivers Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers Not working: So I was playing rust and my computer froze couldnt do stuffI shut it down and started it again and my audio drivers are gone O_OI tried installing realtek audio drivers didnt workthe setup creates a realtek folder in x86 folder but doesnt workI can use audio out from nvidia...
  8. related to audio driver

related to audio driver: in my pc speakers are not working .When I use headphone only then I able to hear sound .so please suggest what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-audio-driver/d4a26182-4945-4105-b672-106b8270e9b0
  9. my audio is not working correctly

my audio is not working correctly: someone plugged their phone into my computer and the audio has not been working since. The speaker will only work if I put headphones into the headphone jack if I take the headphones out the speaker will not work anymore. I've tried a lot of different things to try and help...
  10. Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.

Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.: So, I transitioned flawlessly to Windows 10 on release day in 2015, everything was working flawlessly, beside the odd intermittent bug of little relevance. Now 1 year later things have been a lot less enjoyable. During this time of consistent updates, I've had numerous...