Windows 10: Audio Drivers W10 - only single R speaker works?

Discus and support Audio Drivers W10 - only single R speaker works? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a similiar audio driver issue on my W10 on my NUC - which was never resolved, despite hours/posts on this forum. In the end, Micro$oft just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FNQer, Sep 7, 2019.

1. FNQer Win User

Audio Drivers W10 - only single R speaker works?

I've had a similiar audio driver issue on my W10 on my NUC - which was never resolved, despite hours/posts on this forum. In the end, Micro$oft just stop responding, coz you had nothing else for me.

now, my W10 audio driver only emits sound from one speaker - not the speaker which has the built-in amp.

changed USB connection to RCA connection to speakers to PC - same result.

Uninstalled the driver and reinstalled driver.

Speakers works fine, and another set of speakers on its RCA connectors does the same result.

I don't expect you guys to resolve this, given your track history - but what useless suggestions and hoops have you got for me to do?

:)

FNQer, Sep 7, 2019

2. audio speakers is not working

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below:

1, Try to run the Apps troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

Please try the following procedures:

1. Check your speaker settings:

Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and click Playback devices.

In the Playback tab, ensure there’s a green tick on Speakers. This indicates that your speakers are the default playback device.

If your Speakers are NOT already set as the default, this is doubtless your problem. To fix, just click them, click Set Default, then click OK and test whether you have sound.

If your Speakers are set as the default playback device, and you’re still not hearing any sound, you should to do this >> click Speakers then Properties >> Go to the Advanced tab, and in the Default Format section, select a different sample rate and bit depth,
    then click Test. Repeat this process until you find a format that works, then click OK.

2, If the step above didn't work, I suggest to Uninstall your audio driver.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to invoke the quick-access menu, then Click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers,

right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.

Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. If these steps didn't fix the issue, I suggest to Up Date the driver from the manufacture web site.

Also, You can try the following procedures in the links below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Sep 7, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Speaker Driver and Audio Service Weirdness

The taskbar speaker icon is quirky. My slider will go out intermittently and come back. I use the F keys to control volume, at that point. But, on to you -
    Is the Dell, the 'Unknown' speaker ? I would try to isolate the problem by disconnecting the Dell Sound Bar and see if using the other 2 'Ready' devices work or even a pair of test headphones. If so, we'll know it's a Dell device issue. Re-attach and try roll back driver. If that fails, try following -
    Open Device Manager/Sound, video and game controllers/***HD Audio. r-click 'Update driver/Browse my computer ***/Let me pick ***. In the list, choose the generic driver, not the branded one, then Next to install/restart.
    A force fix is to open Device Manager, uninstall the sound drivers, use 'Scan for hardware changes' in the Device Manager icon bar at top, then reboot.

mrgeek, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio Drivers W10 - only single R speaker works? - Similar Threads - Audio Drivers W10

2. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  3. My realtek r audio driver is not working .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My realtek r audio driver is not working .: I have to shut down my device and then plug my earphones then it works , but if i unplug when the laptop is switched on and then plug it it will not work . i have to restart my device to do that . I have checked it in driver updates and in the windows updates also but still...
  4. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working: So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers Realtek R Audio. The only way i can hear audio is if i connect my bluetooth earphones, they work, but my laptop speakers and usual...
  5. will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?

will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?: Win 10 20h2 clean re-install doesn't resolve audio driver issue on my HP X360 laptop - also tried troubleshooter, uninstall/reinstall drivers (from Realtek/HP/Microsoft). Issue is with both internal and external speakers. So assume this is probably a mainboard issue. Before...
  6. will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?

will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?: Win 10 20h2 clean re-install doesn't resolve audio driver issue on my HP X360 laptop - also tried troubleshooter, uninstall/reinstall drivers (from Realtek/HP/Microsoft). Issue is with both internal and external speakers. So assume this is probably a mainboard issue. Before...
  7. Realtek(r) Audio Drivers Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek(r) Audio Drivers Help: I recently downloaded Clownfish Voice Changer which made my microphone incredibly quiet and upon researching I found out that I needed to reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. I followed a tutorial I found but it didn't work, I just heard a popping noise from my headset and...
  8. Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio)

Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio): I was installing new AMD display software. I had to run the installation three times. Now when I click on the speaker icon it says "Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio)". Where did that number 3 come from? I do not have 3 speakers. The second time I ran the installation it said...
  9. Realtek R Audio not working

Realtek R Audio not working: Actually there was a horn sound from nowhere from yesterday when i started using Zoom. From then this problem is a lot, but when all the driversRealtek speaker, microphone and stereo mix microphone and stereo mix speaker were uninstalled. After restarting the computer,...
  10. Speakers and audio drivers

Speakers and audio drivers: My speakers were listed as something like Realtek high definition audio, but they seem to have been completely deleted from my device. I already tried everything the dumb virtual assistant had to offer. Is there any way to get my audio back?...