Windows 10: Audio Drop Outs

Discus and support Audio Drop Outs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Have an i7 windows 10 Dell with 32GB RAM and 2 TB solid state HD. I produce music and this new machine is almost unuseable compared to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShawnMohr, May 7, 2020.

1. ShawnMohr Win User

Audio Drop Outs

Hello,

Have an i7 windows 10 Dell with 32GB RAM and 2 TB solid state HD. I produce music and this new machine is almost unuseable compared to my older Windows 7 unit.

I get constant Audio glitches such as clicks and pops and audio dropouts and I've been told that this can be caused by drivers with high execution times more than 1ms, or high ISR count.

I have a report generated by a program call LatencyMon and there are a number of drivers off the charts. The highest being Microsoft storage port driver and Network Driver interface. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

ShawnMohr, May 7, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 7, 2020
  3. Audio out of sync in video Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue with particular video file or all the video files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving this issue.

Note: The steps mentioned below are applicable to Windows Media player only.

Make sure “Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. Click on Tools and then on Options

3. Switch to Performance tab.

4. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" options.

5. Click "Apply" and click "OK."

Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, May 7, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio Drop Outs

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Audio Drop Outs

1. Audio Drop Outs - Similar Threads - Audio Drop Outs

2. Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals: I'm having audio issues over the last few days. It occurs on all apps Firefox, VLC Media Player, World of Warcraft, etc.. I've rebooted warm and cold, checked all system settings and reset, confirmed all drivers are up to date, rolled back drivers, and basically everything I...
  3. Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals: I'm having audio issues over the last few days. It occurs on all apps Firefox, VLC Media Player, World of Warcraft, etc.. I've rebooted warm and cold, checked all system settings and reset, confirmed all drivers are up to date, rolled back drivers, and basically everything I...
  4. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  5. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  6. Internet drop outs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  7. WiFi Drops Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  8. Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Dropped Out Suddenly: All of a sudden I have no audio. My speakers are turned on and volume is up. Edge tabs all show that they are not muted. Sound was fine two minutes ago and now it's gone. I can't restart because I'm downloading something and if the download is interrupted the last 12 hours...
  9. Audio drop outs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio drop outs in Windows 10: Very frustrated here! I bought a new mini pc NUC and after installing my audio production software I noticed that any audio played on the system is plagued by drop outs etcetera. I then checked out some forums and found this is a huge problem for many other audio producers...
  10. Email dropping out

in Browsers and Email
    Email dropping out: Am using the free outlook.live.com on my main desktop and at some stage of typing a reply message for example the message will pop up asking me if I want to stay or leave this page to which I of course say stay why would I want to leave????*Confused This happens again after...