Windows 10: Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a...

Discus and support Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, really hope someone can help. For the last 4 years I have been happily listening to all my music CD's ripped into Itunes on my desktop then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerekSpeirs, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a...

Hi there, really hope someone can help. For the last 4 years I have been happily listening to all my music CD's ripped into Itunes on my desktop then outputting via HDMI to my TV screen/tv speakers. This loops through my Pioneer Home Cinema amp so I can play through my hi fi when I want but mostly late evenings the amp is off and the signal passes straight through to the tv speakers.

Recently I have been getting short but frequest drop out when playing music. Its become really annoying as now one listens for it. I have done all the usual stuff rolling back drivers, updating drivers, un installing Itunes re installing Itunes, all my Windows 10 updates are saying Im up to date. It DOESNT happen when I am watching anything via Blootooth headphones at night only via HDMI, I can pair my cans to the desktop for ate night listening.

At first I thought it was ITunes but having done a clean install of this its still there. I havent had any hardware changes so I think its a Windows update but I also heard/read online that there is some audio bugs that Microsoft hasnt addressed yet.

Can anyone help me? Is there a specific driver that stops this? I have been through device manager and updated more or less everything including the HDMI driver for the Pioneer amp the Realtek driver and the High Definition Audio Driver too.

Or should I switch to something like Music Bee as an alternative to Itunes and see if that works.

Many thanks..

:)

DerekSpeirs, Mar 17, 2020

2. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a... [​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a... [​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 17, 2020
  4. CJTFVLA84 Win User

Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a...

Play Audio through HDMI cable plugged into TV

Hi gang, I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to play my audio through my TV from my Windows 10 PC. It's not giving me any of the options from all the steps I've followed in other Microsoft community posts.

I have a Vizio HDMI TV, and it's playing sound just fine from my 360, so I'd like to know how I can get it to operate from my PC.

Thank you.

CJTFVLA84, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a...

1. Audio dropout/clipping etc when playing Itunes from desktop via HDMI to TV, suspect a... - Similar Threads - Audio dropout clipping

2. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  3. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  4. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  5. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  6. How to play audio via both HDMI and audio jack?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to play audio via both HDMI and audio jack?: It seems that, with Windows, audio can only be output via one device at the same time.So when I plug the HDMI cable into the TV, and the 3.5mm jack into the hi-fi system, I can only have the sound played through one or the other, but not both.I have tried following...
  7. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  8. unable to hear from the TV when connected via HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to hear from the TV when connected via HDMI: Theres no sound from the TV when connected via the HDMI CABLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-hear-from-the-tv-when-connected-via-hdmi/3b82f274-fd1c-4896-ac89-43c7cd0301af
  9. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv: I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I have gone into playback devices yet no hdmi output is listed even when showing hidden and disabled. I went through...
  10. Audio via HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...