Windows 10: Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

Discus and support Audio Dropped Out Suddenly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of a sudden I have no audio. My speakers are turned on and volume is up. Edge tabs all show that they are not muted. Sound was fine two minutes ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Starwind_Amada, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

All of a sudden I have no audio. My speakers are turned on and volume is up. Edge tabs all show that they are not muted. Sound was fine two minutes ago and now it's gone. I can't restart because I'm downloading something and if the download is interrupted the last 12 hours will have been wasted.

submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Starwind_Amada, Aug 17, 2020

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

1. Audio Dropped Out Suddenly - Similar Threads - Audio Dropped Suddenly

2. Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out: Asus Crosshair X670EAMD 7800x3D32gb ddr5 cl30NVIDIA 4090I am having an issue when playing either New World or War Thunder where the game will run perfectly fine and smooth at high FPS for a couple minutes and then suddenly drop to nearly 1-2 FPS for about 30 seconds, when it...
  3. Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out: Asus Crosshair X670EAMD 7800x3D32gb ddr5 cl30NVIDIA 4090I am having an issue when playing either New World or War Thunder where the game will run perfectly fine and smooth at high FPS for a couple minutes and then suddenly drop to nearly 1-2 FPS for about 30 seconds, when it...
  4. Audio quality suddenly drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality suddenly drops: Seemingly out of nowhere, the quality of my audio on my bluetooth headphones has dropped. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating the computer, restarting the computer, using the audio troubleshooter, and forgetting and repairing the device. I've also looked at the...
  5. Audio quality suddenly drops

Audio quality suddenly drops: Seemingly out of nowhere, the quality of my audio on my bluetooth headphones has dropped. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating the computer, restarting the computer, using the audio troubleshooter, and forgetting and repairing the device. I've also looked at the...
  6. Sudden FPS drops.

Sudden FPS drops.: Hey guys! I had a question. Yesterday my computer had REALLY slow frame per second. it went into 4 FPS, this is strange since it never happend before. It happens when i open Roblox and Discord, i have tried updating it but it stayed the same and sometimes worse, the frame...
  7. sudden fps drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden fps drop: have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. I got a sudden fps drop for 2 weeks now in all my games like assassin's creed Valhalla from 50 fps to 12 - 17 fps game like unity goes from 80 fps to 20 fps and stays there i tried other games and the same...
  8. Audio drop outs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio drop outs in Windows 10: Very frustrated here! I bought a new mini pc NUC and after installing my audio production software I noticed that any audio played on the system is plagued by drop outs etcetera. I then checked out some forums and found this is a huge problem for many other audio producers...
  9. Audio Drop Outs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Drop Outs: Hello, Have an i7 windows 10 Dell with 32GB RAM and 2 TB solid state HD. I produce music and this new machine is almost unuseable compared to my older Windows 7 unit. I get constant Audio glitches such as clicks and pops and audio dropouts and I've been told that this...
  10. Network drops suddenly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Network drops suddenly!: Hello! I have had this computer for some time now and has until recently not had many issues with it, but now I have one that is driving me mad. My nephew borrowed it a few weeks back and when I now got it back it suddenly loses its network connection. It's weird as my phone...