Windows 10: Audio echo that I can't fix!

Discus and support Audio echo that I can't fix! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 operating system. Since the start, there has been an uncomfortable echo to any noise i hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaxFerrett, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Audio echo that I can't fix!

I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 operating system. Since the start, there has been an uncomfortable echo to any noise i hear when I have headphones plugged in. I have tried so many ways to get rid of this echo but NOTHING is working. People have said to turn off all audio enhancements in the enhancements tab, but that isnt even on my computer! there is no way to access any enhancements tab. My drivers are Realtek HD and they are all up to date. I just don't know what to do anymore, if anyone has a solution please help.

:)

MaxFerrett, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

The audio has a slight echo to it and is louder than it was before

Hi Colin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some step in order to get the issue fixed.

• Does the issue persist while you are online or offline or both?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    When the audio starts acting weird the first step in getting the issue fixed is to make sure the audio drivers are up to date. I would recommend you to visit the manufacturer website and then download and update the latest audio drivers and then check if
    echo is removed.

In the meantime you can turn off Audio enhancements and check if audio works:

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Echo/reverb audio since last update

Hi,

When exactly do you get the sickening echo/reverb effect in the audio?

Does this happen while playing an audio or a video file or on default Windows sound?

Please let us know so that we may assist you better.

I suggest you to roll back the driver from the Device manager by going to sound, controller and device section.

Expand it, locate the audio device and from properties try to update the driver or roll back the driver.

You may restart computer to check if Windows detect it.

• Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.
    • Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
    • Some speakers and apps have their own volume controls, and you might have to check them all.
    • Try connecting using a different USB port.
    • And remember that your speakers probably won’t work when headphones are not plugged in properly.

I suggest you to run the audio troubleshooter and check if the issue can be fixed.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Playing audio' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps in resolving the audio issue. We look forward to hear from you.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 19, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio echo that I can't fix!

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Audio echo that I can't fix!

1. Audio echo that I can't fix! - Similar Threads - Audio echo can't

2. How to fix speaker "echo"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix speaker "echo": My external speakers sound like I'm in a cave. after I pause any sound it echoes as if in a caveSpeakers were working fine and it happened overnight. I tried following the steps provided on similar threads to no avail....
  3. How to fix speaker "echo"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix speaker "echo": My external speakers sound like I'm in a cave. after I pause any sound it echoes as if in a caveSpeakers were working fine and it happened overnight. I tried following the steps provided on similar threads to no avail....
  4. Windows 10 Audio Echo

Windows 10 Audio Echo: Hello, I've been having a problem with my headphones lately, Razer blackshark v2x, great headphones, great mic, but this is the issues: First, when i connected my headphones, sounded really good, but microphone was really bad, while on reviews good. So, thought that was my...
  5. Audio Echo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Echo: Hello everyone, recently I've been having problem with audio on my PC. First, my mic was really bad, but on phone really good, I assumed it was drivers, i installed older drivers, and issue is fixed. Only issue i have now is that my friends can hear my pc audio on discord or...
  6. Audio Echo

Audio Echo: Whenever I click something or say something, my computer echos it back. No microphone or headset is plugged in, and no applications are running. The troubleshooter cannot locate the problem. How can I fix this?...
  7. Audio being staticy/echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio being staticy/echoing: I just recently bought a HP laptop. I had a zoom call today and my classmate let me know that every time i tried to speak the audio would echo and start to get very loud and get static. I tested it out myself and it was true. I could not hear it from my laptop but others...
  8. audio echo in speakers

audio echo in speakers: how do i stop the echoing in my speakers during video playback or youtube playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-echo-in-speakers/d399d98d-42ae-44bd-860a-18c4ee9ea8ea
  9. Constant Audio Echo

Constant Audio Echo: For the last month I have tried updating drivers, resetting defaults, various windows updates and I can not figure this out. I hear a constant echo on my laptop speakers. I mean ALL THE TIME if the laptop has power then you will hear the echo. On top of that when I turn on my...
  10. Audio Echoes Through Headphones

Audio Echoes Through Headphones: I have had this issue since I first got the Windows 10 update. My audio will have an echo to it when using headphones. I have solved it before by going into the properties of my audio device and turning off enhancements, but I am no longer to access that. I can get to the...