Windows 10: Audio Enhancement tab still missing after Realtek driver uninstall

Discus and support Audio Enhancement tab still missing after Realtek driver uninstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So since I been using USB soundcard and USD headsets I really never had a use for realtek, and I kept it alone. Today I was missing some options on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaTTPVT, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MaTTPVT Win User

Audio Enhancement tab still missing after Realtek driver uninstall

So since I been using USB soundcard and USD headsets I really never had a use for realtek, and I kept it alone. Today I was missing some options on the audio properties like the Enhancement tab, and mic Boost, I decided to uninstall the realtek drivers, after big hassle of it reinstalling and removing the default HD audio device drivers I finally maniged to fix it. I am now running the HD audio device drivers from Microsoft, but I still don't see the enhancement tab. Sound seems to be fine, I feel like it even improved a bit, but could be just my brain playing with me.

So main problem is no enhancement tab even with uninstall the of the realtek driver and install of HD audio device drivers I did restart the PC multiple times

:)

MaTTPVT, Apr 12, 2021
  2. erpster4 Win User

Sound Properties under Realtek Drivers Missing Enhancement Tab

in addition to my previous post, here's what the Enhancements tab looks like on the Speaker properties dialog box when using traditional/legacy Realtek HDA drivers and not Realtek UAD drivers:

Audio Enhancement tab  still missing after Realtek driver uninstall [​IMG]

(this is only an example as there's also an srs premium sound tab, which is an extra enhancement for certain computers with realtek audio + srs; as I said previously this dialog box may be going away in a future release of Win10 as MS wants to move everything onto the Windows Settings app)

note to leis - I have found a slightly newer Realtek UAD driver from Lenovo that you can try out; it's v6.0.8734.1 & even though it may not be listed for your ideacentre 510-15icb model (it was listed for ideacentre 510-15ick), the 8734 uad driver should work as it has the same INF files as the 8699.1 version.

erpster4, Apr 12, 2021
  3. sandyt Win User

Technically, the enhancement on and off is now under Advanced.

And the individual options are in the Realtek Audio Console app.

sandyt, Apr 12, 2021
  4. erpster4 Win User

now leis, I need the hardware device ID number of the Realtek High Definition Audio or Realtek Audio device in Device Manager. Go to this site on how to find the hardware ID for a particular device in Device Manager:
    How to Find Hardware ID: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

example - on my friend's PC using an ASUS M5A78L-M LE/USB3 motherboard using a Realtek ALC887 audio device, the Hardware IDs listed for it in Device Manager are the following:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438576&REV_1003
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438576

I ask this because I may try to find particular HDA or UAD drivers that may be compatible with a certain Hardware ID on your Lenovo ideacentre computer, leis. [/quote] L: My Computers[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Dell Inspiron 620
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU 3.30 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 2000
    Sound Card: Conexant CX20641 HD Audio
    Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP Pavilion m8417c media center desktop pc
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B97
    Motherboard: M2N68-LA Narra 3
    Memory: 6GB
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC888S
    Hard Drives: Hitachi HDS721050CLA SCSI Disk Device (500Gb)

[*]
    leis Posts : 34 win 10 ver. 1809 Os build 17763.404 Thread Starter New 29 Sep 2019 #26
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Lenovo ideacentre 510A
    CPU: System SKU LENOVO_MT__BU_LENOVO_FM_ideacentre 510A-15ICB Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2
    Motherboard: Not sure
    Memory: 8GB
    Graphics Card: Not sure

[*]
    [*]
    sandyt Posts : 560 Windows 10 New 29 Sep 2019 #27
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... OS: Windows 10

[*]
    leis Posts : 34 win 10 ver. 1809 Os build 17763.404 Thread Starter New 29 Sep 2019 #28
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Lenovo ideacentre 510A
    CPU: System SKU LENOVO_MT__BU_LENOVO_FM_ideacentre 510A-15ICB Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2
    Motherboard: Not sure
    Memory: 8GB
    Graphics Card: Not sure

[*]
    sandyt Posts : 560 Windows 10 New 29 Sep 2019 #29
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... OS: Windows 10

[*]
    leis Posts : 34 win 10 ver. 1809 Os build 17763.404 Thread Starter New 29 Sep 2019 #30

erpster4, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio Enhancement tab still missing after Realtek driver uninstall - Similar Threads - Audio Enhancement tab

2. Realtek audio is still missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio is still missing: my realtek audio is missing again after showing up approximately for one week. I have tried uninstalled the windows update but the results is still the same. I tried to unninstall the driver but the result is still the same. Tied to reset my PC and the audio still didn't...
  3. Realtek audio is still missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio is still missing: my realtek audio is missing again after showing up approximately for one week. I have tried uninstalled the windows update but the results is still the same. I tried to unninstall the driver but the result is still the same. Tied to reset my PC and the audio still didn't...
  4. Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Is Missing, High Definition Audio Device is also missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Is Missing, High Definition Audio Device is also missing.: I disabled and updated the audio driver, but this did not work.I also browsed through some past solutions, and saw a possible solution to change the driver from "Realtek High Definition Audio" to "High Definition Audio Device."So, I tried to change to the "High Definition...
  5. Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Is Missing, High Definition Audio Device is also missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Is Missing, High Definition Audio Device is also missing.: I disabled and updated the audio driver, but this did not work.I also browsed through some past solutions, and saw a possible solution to change the driver from "Realtek High Definition Audio" to "High Definition Audio Device."So, I tried to change to the "High Definition...
  6. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: I have a Dell Precision 5530 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. It's relatively new, and I noticed there is no audio Enhancements tab for the Speakers/Headphones control window. I've gone through the steps of updating my driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, contacting Dell...
  7. Windows 10 - Enhancements tab missing - Realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Enhancements tab missing - Realtek: Hello, I have a little problem with my enhancements tab in the settings. I tried all the fixes I could find but none of them seem to work. I have a freshly installed and activated Windows 10 on a brand new high-spec PC. First, I though that the realtek drivers might not be...
  8. Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing: I've tried multiple ways to fix this issue. I've tried to update the drivers, go on my motherboards support page and update the driver, device manager and update the driver, tried downloading drivers from realtek hd themselves but I still can't get any audio enhancements on...
  9. Sound Properties under Realtek Drivers Missing Enhancement Tab

Sound Properties under Realtek Drivers Missing Enhancement Tab: I have Windows 10 64 bit Ver. 1809 (OS Build 17763.737) and during the drivers update for Realtek, the Enhancement Tab is missing in the sound properties. Can this be due to motherboard issue or that is, drivers not compatible? I would rather have the older drivers like in...
  10. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: Hello, I am brand new to these forums and have been wondering why my Audio Enhancements Tab is missing now that i am using Windows 10. I used to have Windows 7 and it worked fine. I have no clue what sound card i have and it doesn't show up in device manager either, i believe...