Windows 10: Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

Discus and support Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent windows update around last week, I started having problems with my microphone. I use a program for my microphone to make different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisGent36, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

After a recent windows update around last week, I started having problems with my microphone. I use a program for my microphone to make different sounds from it and to adjust the volume. The program only works when Audio Enhancements in the control panel is left on. After the windows update I was not able to use my Microphone program simply because the Audio Enhancements keeps turning itself off with a window saying, "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems. Audio Enhancements for this device have been disabled, would you like to re-enable them?" My question is how do I stop it from turning off or how can I force it to stay on?

:)

ChrisGent36, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Audio Enhancements

Hi Charlotte,

One step that we could try is to manually re-install the Audio Enhancement, and see if it helps. First, go to HP's website and download the latest Audio Enhancement installer (IDT) and save it to your Downloads folder. Once done, follow the remaining steps
    below:

• Search for Control Panel via Cortana search and hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • Open the Device Manager and click Sound, Video and Game controllers.
    • Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Once your PC restarts, it should automatically load all audio driver. Let it complete the process.
    • Go to the Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select
      Run as administrator
    Once complete, check if you have the enhancements back and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Windows keeps turning off Audio Enhancement - Dolby Audio

I have seen so many different questions about this and NONE of them got the answer.

Are you guys at Microsoft trying to make people's lives miserable?

Every time I receive or initialize a call (using Skype or Line app) the Dolby Audio enhancement is automatically turned off. I have to turn it back on in order to be able to hear what the other side is saying. When Dolby Audio is turned off, the sound is
    too low, the quality is C R A P.

Here is what I tried:

1)My drivers are up-to-date, so please do not suggest updating them.

2) Troubleshooting the "Playing Audio" thing doesn't work. In fact, when I attempted it, it turned OFF my enhancement and suggested I keep it turned off. Like, seriously?

3) Troubleshooting hardware does nothing.

I know I will probably receive an answer suggesting Troubleshooting things and I know it will be useless so please save both of us the time of writing that answer and look up for the real answer.

I would very much appreciate if you could tell me where the enhancement lies within the Windows Registry. If I can find it in the registry, I would be able to write a program that turns it on whenever it turns off. Yes, ugly fix, but I would do anything
    now to get this over with.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

AmmarSalman, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

Audio Enhancements Problem

Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience.

The steps to disable driver enhancements are listed below:

a. Click Start.

b. Type Sound in the Start search box and click
    Sound from the available options.

c. On the Playback
    tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.

d. Click the Enhancements
    tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.

If disabling driver enhancements doesn't help, please follow the steps given below:

a. Right click on volume icon in system tray.

b. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon, and click
    Properties.

c. Select the Enhancements tab.

d. Scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check the box.

e. Click Apply.

If the above given methods do not help, please uninstall your Audio driver, restart your PC and again install it.

Sagun Raj Lage, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

1. Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off - Similar Threads - Audio Enhancements Microphone

2. Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements: Hello, I've been experiencing some issue ever since.So basically, as soon as I turn on Audio Enhancements for my Microphone the quality becomes very low and bad, and it sounds like Low Quality and Noise suppressed at the same time.I know that the solution to this problem is...
  3. Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements: Hello, I've been experiencing some issue ever since.So basically, as soon as I turn on Audio Enhancements for my Microphone the quality becomes very low and bad, and it sounds like Low Quality and Noise suppressed at the same time.I know that the solution to this problem is...
  4. Windows 11 keep automatically turning on audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep automatically turning on audio enhancements: I use the Galaxy buds+ and I have to turn off audio enhancements because if I leave them on it sounds like everything is being played through a tin can. Problem is that EVERY time I reconnect it turns it back on and I have to go through the menu again to turn it off. Any...
  5. Windows 11 keep automatically turning on audio enhancements

Windows 11 keep automatically turning on audio enhancements: I use the Galaxy buds+ and I have to turn off audio enhancements because if I leave them on it sounds like everything is being played through a tin can. Problem is that EVERY time I reconnect it turns it back on and I have to go through the menu again to turn it off. Any...
  6. Static noises keep on returning after turning audio enhancements on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static noises keep on returning after turning audio enhancements on and off: Recently there have been static noises whenever audio is played after hours of laptop usage, the solution I found was that turning the audio enhancements off caused the static noises to disappear. But the static noises keep on returning after another few hours which causes me...
  7. Static noises keep on returning after turning audio enhancements on and off

Static noises keep on returning after turning audio enhancements on and off: Recently there have been static noises whenever audio is played after hours of laptop usage, the solution I found was that turning the audio enhancements off caused the static noises to disappear. But the static noises keep on returning after another few hours which causes me...
  8. Static noises keep on returning after turning audio enhancements on and off

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity: I have recently upgraded my laptop to Win 10 Pro N 20 H2, since then, I have been experiencing a new problem with my microphone. I didn't have any issue with the previous version of win 10. I don't hear in microphone unless I unplug it or from the DTS sound+ I disable "...
  10. Split audio issue when Djing, need to turn off enable audio enhancement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Split audio issue when Djing, need to turn off enable audio enhancement: I have found what I need to do to fix my issue but haven't been able to find it in the settings. I'm running on windows 10 which I recently installed, the first picture is what I need to turn off at the bottom of the settings. The second is my laptop which has a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turning off microphone enhancements registry

2. what is turn on mic when i broadcast