Windows 10: Audio error after sleep

Discus and support Audio error after sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I wake my computer after sleep mode, the audio gets turned off. It's shown as speaker setup unknown, but the audio comes back after I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Benlamin, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Audio error after sleep

Whenever I wake my computer after sleep mode, the audio gets turned off. It's shown as speaker setup unknown, but the audio comes back after I press the speaker icon with the red "x". Is anyone else having this issue that has tips on how to fix?

submitted by /u/Benlamin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Benlamin, Apr 25, 2020

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 25, 2020
  4. geomazo Win User

Audio error after sleep

Audio Sleep and

Just an updating and some finding.
    First of all: the Audio enhancer software DFX is not part of the problem.
    The problem rests with HDMI audio of a monitor TV Samsumg after sleep. The Audio service is not resumed after sleep. Before the upgrading to Win 8.1. in the same computer the resumption odf audio was regular. As now, audio restart after rebooting or i have to turn off the monitor tv before sleep, a kind of annoyance.

Any suggestion?

geomazo, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Audio error after sleep

1. Audio error after sleep - Similar Threads - Audio error sleep

2. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  3. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  4. Audio changing after sleep/restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio changing after sleep/restart: So my wife likes to hear her game Rocket League through the headphones and her music playing through the speakers on her desk. I have the PC setup to do just that. It's a new PC build with windows installed from the USB provided upon purchase. I made sure to activate windows...
  5. Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode: I have been experiencing an extremely annoying issue for the past few weeks that has finally bothered me enough to warrant a post. Every night I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the next day. Upon waking up, the computer no longer plays any videos or any audio Both...
  6. Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10: Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-not-working-after-sleep-in-windows-10/22888364-ebec-4738-891e-7f88f9fefea4
  7. Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10

Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10: Audio output not working after sleep in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-not-working-after-sleep-in-windows-10/07b91839-0c5d-4e0b-a878-7384f883e911
  8. No Audio after Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio after Sleep: I just got Windows 10 around a week ago. I've gotten an issue where after exiting sleep mode the audio cuts out entirely and I have to restart the computer to fix it. I've tried updating the drivers from Device Manager but it says it's already up to date. I've also tried...
  9. Audio Sleep and

Audio Sleep and: I like Win10 - beautiful graphic and smooth transition from 8.1. One issue only. I have an audio app. DFX audio enhancer latest update, supposedly compatible with Win10. The following happens: when after 20 min the system puts to sleep, the audio from Google Chrome YouTube...
  10. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep: From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each...