Windows 10: Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

Discus and support Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I play a video or audio file on my computer, the audio fades in about a second after I hit play. This started happening after I updated my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antoniovucic, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

Whenever I play a video or audio file on my computer, the audio fades in about a second after I hit play. This started happening after I updated my PC a couple of days ago. Can't find the fix. I've tried many things. Anyone else having the same iddue?

submitted by /u/antoniovucic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antoniovucic, Mar 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 audio fades out

I'm having an issue with Windows 10 audio: when listening to something/watching a movie the audio automatically fades out and drops to a lower volume. To be clear, the volume indication in Windows doesn't change, i.e. if it was set to 50 at the beginning it'll remain fixed at 50, but it can be heard drastically decreasing.

If the source is paused and then played back again, the sound will begin playing at the higher volume to fade out again a few seconds later.

Things I've tried so far - suggested by the many post I read about:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling both NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device WDM and Realtek drivers
    • Using only one driver at a time
    • Installing older driver versions
    • Installing the driver in compatibility (W8) mode
    • Reinstalling the drivers from the PC manufacturer (Dell)

None of these worked. Needless to say, it's very frustrating. I must keep the speakers turned off, otherwise notifications will blast out at 100dB unexpectedly whilst listening to music for more than 5 secs will turn the sound into a whisper.

If someone knows of a solution or had this issue before, I'd be so glad to hear about it.

Thanks

user2953651, Mar 19, 2021
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

Audio driver quickly fading in whenever a new sound starts

For those of you in need of the sharp click sound file, I've uploaded it to a server: filehosting.org | Download | link1.wav Try playing it over and over, it should be a sharp click sound. If it's a dull thump or thud, this is an indication that your sound card fades in. I'm trying to aleviate that fade. I suggest you don't loop it, but play it over and over manually. If it's a sharp click like it's meant to be, you're good.

BlindPiper, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

1. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound - Similar Threads - Audio Fades Every

2. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  3. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  4. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fading Sound [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fading Sound [SOLVED]: The issue is that the sound slowly fades out when something quiet is played on the computer. e.g. Watching a really quiet video will have all sound fade out. This persists until something loud happens like someone speaking on Discord or me myself muting or unmuting myself....
  6. Fading Sound

Fading Sound: The issue is that the sound slowly fades out when something quiet is played on the computer. e.g. Watching a really quiet video will have all sound fade out. This persists until something loud happens like someone speaking on Discord or me myself muting or unmuting myself....
  7. Fading audio volume

Fading audio volume: HP ENVY, running Windows 10, speaker starts off low in volume then quickly fades down to almost inaudible point. the audio jack works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fading-audio-volume/e48092b9-df06-475a-9a69-6c0935356633
  8. Sound fading in and out at times

Sound fading in and out at times: When I am listening to an online podcast or a video or even my church service, the sound fades in and out at times. When I have video chats with family and friends on the Alexa app, I am fading out I am told. Why is this happening and what can I do to repair this issue? Is it...
  9. Audio fades in when I play audio , need urgent help

Audio fades in when I play audio , need urgent help: I just bought a new pc march 2021 with windows 10 on it and whenever I play a audio it fades in. I've googled for answers on how to change this but haven't seen any solutions. This is extremly annoying for me because I'm a sound and video editor so I keep missing things in...
  10. W-10 Sound Fades When Playing Videos.....

W-10 Sound Fades When Playing Videos.....: I had to do a re-set on my laptop and one of the side effects is now when ever I watch a Video no matter if on Facebook or You Tube the sound starts out OK but it fades. I searched the Tutorials and found nothing... Thanks . Eventually I will get this computer to be...