Windows 10: Audio fades out after 3 seconds.

Discus and support Audio fades out after 3 seconds. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After about 3 seconds of audio playback on literally any program--yes, this includes system settings such as testing audio in the Sound control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EarthToAccess, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Audio fades out after 3 seconds.

After about 3 seconds of audio playback on literally any program--yes, this includes system settings such as testing audio in the Sound control panel--it will fade to a monstrously low volume, rendering me unable to hear any audio at all. In order to hear anything again afterwards, I'm forced to stop playing back ANY audio for at least 5 seconds.

What I've tried to fix it with;

Check for correct speaker being used I am
    Ran audio troubleshooter returned nothing
    Verify all Windows Updates are installed they are, version 1909
    Check audio connections and plugs built-in speaker, not applicable
    Check volume of programs all clear--volume indicates the programs are quieter but don't show to be lowered
    Fix audio drivers already up-to-date
    Set device as default already done
    Turn off enhancements/effects not applicable
    Restart Audio Services done
    Try different audio formats not applicable
    Restart to apply updates not applicable
    Check for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC not applicable

The last changes I've done to the system were uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe and turning on Defender, as well as turning on Core isolation in Security settings. I've undone the latter change in hopes it fixed my problem, but to no avail. I am not reinstalling/enabling LiveSafe.

This laptop is a week old, give or take, with about as fresh of a Win10 install as you can get on a week-old computer. I haven't installed any third-party programs that require their own audio drivers or codecs. I have not made any other system settings or registry changes to the computer.

I would like this fixed and/or to be given a workaround, as what I do for a living heavily relies on audio playback that I can't do otherwise.

:)

EarthToAccess, Jun 27, 2020

2. Add Fade Audio Effects In Video Clips.

Hi Gustav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Microsoft Photos application to fade the audio, then there is no feature in Photos application to fade the audio; however, you can fade the audio by using Microsoft PowerPoint Application. Follow the below steps to fade the audio that you
    want using Microsoft Photos application.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Microsoft PowerPoint and hit Enter to launch
    PowerPoint
    application.

Step 2: Then, click on Insert > Audio > You can add the audio file as well as directly record an audio file.

Step 3: Click on the Audio and click on
    Playback
    tab beside to Format tab.

Step 4: Then, you will see the Fade In and
    Fade Out
    options.

Fade In: Adds a timed fade effect at the beginning of the audio clip. Within the Fade In box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade in.

Fade Out: Adds a timed fade effect at the end of the audio clip. Within the Fade Out box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade out.

The option for fading the audio in Photos Application is a great idea, so I suggest you to post your feedback for the same in

Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 audio fades out

I'm having an issue with Windows 10 audio: when listening to something/watching a movie the audio automatically fades out and drops to a lower volume. To be clear, the volume indication in Windows doesn't change, i.e. if it was set to 50 at the beginning it'll remain fixed at 50, but it can be heard drastically decreasing.

If the source is paused and then played back again, the sound will begin playing at the higher volume to fade out again a few seconds later.

Things I've tried so far - suggested by the many post I read about:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling both NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device WDM and Realtek drivers
    • Using only one driver at a time
    • Installing older driver versions
    • Installing the driver in compatibility (W8) mode
    • Reinstalling the drivers from the PC manufacturer (Dell)

None of these worked. Needless to say, it's very frustrating. I must keep the speakers turned off, otherwise notifications will blast out at 100dB unexpectedly whilst listening to music for more than 5 secs will turn the sound into a whisper.

If someone knows of a solution or had this issue before, I'd be so glad to hear about it.

Thanks

user2953651, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Wes-J316 Win User

Audio fades out after 3 seconds.

Audio fades in and out on Windows 10

This fixed my problem - I had a Realtek audio device and driver but same issues - audio would fade after a few seconds. Thanks.

Wes-J316, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Audio fades out after 3 seconds.

1. Audio fades out after 3 seconds. - Similar Threads - Audio fades seconds

2. Audio fades out and then comes back if I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio fades out and then comes back if I adjust volume: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a computer with an MSI motherboard and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card. I have 2 monitors connected via HDMI, with audio running out of one monitor to a soundbar. My phone system is through Zoom, and I use both a headset and camera...
  3. Fading audio volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fading audio volume: HP ENVY, running Windows 10, speaker starts off low in volume then quickly fades down to almost inaudible point. the audio jack works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fading-audio-volume/e48092b9-df06-475a-9a69-6c0935356633
  4. Audio doesn't come out until 3 seconds in after media is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio doesn't come out until 3 seconds in after media is played: This has been on my PC ever since I got it but never been asked to fix, but after a while when no audio is being played and I suddenly play audio again, the sound doesn't start up until like 2-3 seconds later. This is annoying because every time I start up a video, I don't...
  5. Bluetooth audio cuts out after one second

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio cuts out after one second: My AirPods are connected to my Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10. The audio plays for the first second, then goes silent. It's weird because they were working perfectly together a couple weeks ago. Drivers are up to date and I've tried all the troubleshooting things I could...
  6. audio fading out automatically without the GUI displaying it after KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio fading out automatically without the GUI displaying it after KB4023057: I have a brand new HP Pavilion 15-cw1043nl which I configured just Yesterday, when I updated it through Windows update it installed various updates, when I rebooted the PC and tried to play anything it started at maximum volume and gradually faded out to a very low level...
  7. Microphone fades in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone fades in and out: Hi, I suddenly got this weird issue with my microphone, it fades in and out all the time. I have tried different microphones and all of them have the same issue. I had this once before and fixed it some how by putting in a new microphone and pulling it out put this time it...
  8. where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?: I know that the fade in/fade out buttons are there some ware, because I set them a few days ago, but I forgot what I did! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-fade-infade-out-buttons-in-ms-photos/863cba0a-001c-44d0-b6ae-6c15428abcfd
  9. Audio fades to silence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  10. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...