Windows 10: Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help

Discus and support Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Posting this here as I feel it's the most relevant place, please let me know if there's a better place to post. As the title says, I'll be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/treeman_jf, May 16, 2020.

1. Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help

Hi all,

Posting this here as I feel it's the most relevant place, please let me know if there's a better place to post.

As the title says, I'll be playing a game (it's happened on Forza Horizon 4 and a few other titles) and I'll need to leave the PC for whatever reason for over 10 mins. I come back to continue playing and the audio won't be working within the game. Even if I switch program to say, Internet/Youtube audio isn't working. I use the audio troubleshooter and it fixes all issues outside of the game, but the game's situation is not entirely fixed, or not fixed at all. A restart of the game does fix the issue.

Any ideas on how to stop this annoyance from occurring in future?

Many thanks

submitted by /u/treeman_jf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/treeman_jf, May 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2020
  3. Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help

1. Audio Failure after Being AFK in a Game - Help - Similar Threads - Audio Failure Being

2. BSOD while I was AFK, need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while I was AFK, need help.: I was grabbing something to eat, and when I got back my pc had clearly restarted I dunno what caused it. 121623-12046-01.dmpplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-i-was-afk-need-help/731b819c-cbf9-4554-9488-ece460ae1173
  3. BSOD while I was AFK, need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while I was AFK, need help.: I was grabbing something to eat, and when I got back my pc had clearly restarted I dunno what caused it. 121623-12046-01.dmpplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-i-was-afk-need-help/731b819c-cbf9-4554-9488-ece460ae1173
  4. BSOD after watching videos or just being AFK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after watching videos or just being AFK: When i play games or just use my laptop actively i have no problems. But when i go to youtube or netflix or any streaming platform or just leave my laptop while it downloads something it just crashes after half an hour or so.These are the Minidump files.Thanks in advance....
  5. BSOD after watching videos or just being AFK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after watching videos or just being AFK: When i play games or just use my laptop actively i have no problems. But when i go to youtube or netflix or any streaming platform or just leave my laptop while it downloads something it just crashes after half an hour or so.These are the Minidump files.Thanks in advance....
  6. Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.: I left my laptop on overnight with an autoclicker set to 50 milliseconds, when I woke up the next day black squares and rectangles were on the screen and later the black shapes turned into a blank black screen even when I tryed to restart the laptop the same screen showed up....
  7. Computer slows down after being afk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down after being afk: Hello,I'm having problems with my laptop lately, probably something to do with harddisk. 5 days ago my computer was slowed down really bad. I had a message like "fixing c: stage 1... " when I turned on my computer. This process took more than 1 hour.Now when I go afk for a...
  8. Main PC keeps hard-freezing up and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main PC keeps hard-freezing up and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour>: My main PC keeps hard-freezing and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour. This keeps happening for a week now on and it's just so annoying that I was forced to power off the computer everytime instead of clicking on the "shut down" button, causing further more damage to...
  9. I need help with audio being mono.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with audio being mono.: Hello, im having a problem with audio. The audio jacket has been fixed but when i plug in the headphone the audio coming from it is like monoish. In settings it shows that its stereo. I have laptop Samsung np300v5a s02ee and i use Realtek audio driver (latest version)...
  10. Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK: My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set screen-switch-off-after option to 30 min, and hard-drive-switch-off option set to after 300 min ) . It's easy to get out of...