Windows 10: Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup

Discus and support Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! just today i have set up another monitor which is a 1680 x 1050 to go along with my primary monitor which is a 1440p 144hz Dell s2719dgf, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GiancarloDeFazio-Rodrigue, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup

Hello! just today i have set up another monitor which is a 1680 x 1050 to go along with my primary monitor which is a 1440p 144hz Dell s2719dgf, the dell primary monitor is connected via Displayport and the second monitor is connected via a DVI-D to my GTX 1080. When playing games i notice a delay when firing a gun usually around 1-2 ms and it's bothering me alot. Can anyone help?

:)

GiancarloDeFazio-Rodrigue, Nov 16, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2020
  3. harrymc Win User
    Delay audio for specific device

My personal opinion is that adding a delay to the computer audio is not a precise
    solution, for two reasons :

• There is no way that you can measure exactly the required delay
    • Such a delay will be confusing for everyday work with the computer.

I suggest instead using a software product that specializes in mixing audio
    and can solve the delay problem without introducing new problems.

An example product is the free
    VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana.

The
    VoiceMeeter Banana User Manual
    describes how to add an action via MACRO Buttons (page 29):

One of the programmable actions does a delay on the strip numbered i :

Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup zwLNy.jpg

I have no experience with the product, but I believe that you could use
    this feature to introduce an audio delay.

harrymc, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup

How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup

1. Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup - Similar Threads - Audio feels delayed

2. Monitor delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor delay: Hello,So I have a pc which I'll display the specifications below. I noticed I was getting horrible delay when I had two monitors connected, so I removed one of the monitors and nothing has really changed, maybe a small improvement but it's still frustrating when playing...
  3. Monitor delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor delay: Hello,So I have a pc which I'll display the specifications below. I noticed I was getting horrible delay when I had two monitors connected, so I removed one of the monitors and nothing has really changed, maybe a small improvement but it's still frustrating when playing...
  4. MY PC FEELS TOO SLOW & DELAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC FEELS TOO SLOW & DELAYED: I have a few problems so ill list them here most people ask there methods wont work, ever since i came back to using my pc its felt slow i reinstalled my graphics card and it helped but its not fixed, Everytime i open a app like e.g steam or csgo my game feels slow and...
  5. MY PC FEELS TOO SLOW & DELAYED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY PC FEELS TOO SLOW & DELAYED: I have a few problems so ill list them here most people ask there methods wont work, ever since i came back to using my pc its felt slow i reinstalled my graphics card and it helped but its not fixed, Everytime i open a app like e.g steam or csgo my game feels slow and...
  6. MY PC FEELS TOO SLOW & DELAYED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Controller feels delayed and weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controller feels delayed and weird: Hello, I play with a ps4 controller on pc when playing fortnite and everything has been fine for about 5 months, however recently my controller (which i bought last week) feels very delayed and sometimes the joystick will act on its own and feel heavy in game (not drift!...
  8. monitor lags my laptop, adding delay for everything, except my mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor lags my laptop, adding delay for everything, except my mouse.: I have been testing out my monitor, when i realised playing games such as Apex legends, there was a TON of delay, and lag. but when i unplugged my monitor, all the delay and lag was suddenly gone. i tried it on another game, same problem, same solution. Is there any way to...
  9. Audio Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Delay: I have around 35ms audio delay, when i listen my microphone with audio driver (rear Pink in https://prnt.sc/tkqvtv) the sync is perfect, but if is it a system sound or i listen my microphone with this system option https://prnt.sc/tkqx1c, has delay, in games, videos, i read...
  10. adding another monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding another monitor: Hello, I am trying to install my 2nd monitor to my CyberPower GMA6200WST PC, and when i plug in my second one, both screens go black and say " no signal ". I need help....