Windows 10: Audio File Tags

Discus and support Audio File Tags in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My last update was on 3/22/2019, it updated to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03. Since then the Title, Album Artist, and Contributing Artist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff Wilbourn, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Audio File Tags

My last update was on 3/22/2019, it updated to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03. Since then the Title, Album Artist, and Contributing Artist fields in the Audio File tags that I'm creating are being truncated to about 20 characters or so. What's going on and how do I fix it?

:)

Jeff Wilbourn, Mar 30, 2019

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio File Tags

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Audio File Tags

1. Audio File Tags - Similar Threads - Audio File Tags

2. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  3. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  4. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  5. .opus audio file tags, metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .opus audio file tags, metadata: How do I set Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 to display tags - metadata of .opus audio files?The opus could be the best free audio encoder, only struggling with compatibility issues in Windows File Explorer and Media Player....
  6. Tagging PDF files in File Explorer

Tagging PDF files in File Explorer: I have created a feedback suggestion in the Feedback Hub asking for this feature. If you would like this feature, please up-vote my suggestion and give extra background from your perspective. https://aka.ms/AAbxh2u...
  7. Tags in ARW files

Tags in ARW files: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I am trying to tag a large image library that I have from almost 20 years. I can tag JPGs directly in Windows Explorer. When it comes to Raw files, no such joy. I downloaded the Raw codec pack and also downloaded the Nikon and Sony drivers for RAW files....
  8. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  9. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders: Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be...
  10. file tagging

file tagging: How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a"