Windows 10: Audio gets static as computer loads

Discus and support Audio gets static as computer loads in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Over the last week, I have observed that when I am loading something a game, program, web tab, etc. that my audio gets static. This static stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexDean3, May 1, 2020.

1. AlexDean3 Win User

Audio gets static as computer loads

Hello. Over the last week, I have observed that when I am loading something a game, program, web tab, etc. that my audio gets static. This static stays at the level it was at when I was loading that program. Over time it will increasingly get worse when I load/open anything that lags my computer a little. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I have to restart my computer every time it gets too hard to deal with. This is EXTREMELY annoying.

:)

AlexDean3, May 1, 2020

2. Can't connect to internet with computer set with static IP

My guess is that you made a typing mistake, e.g. typing 192.186 instead of 192.168. If this is not the case then I suggest this:

• Set the machine to DHCP.
    • Check if you can ping your other machines.
    • Mark and copy the command below with Ctrl+C.
    • Press the Windows key+R
    • Press Ctrl+V, then Enter.
    • Repeat steps 2 to 5 for a static address.
    • Post the results of Step 2 (twice!) plus the contents of the desktop file IP.txt.

cmd.exe /c ipconfig /all >> "%UserProfile%"\Desktop\IP.txt"

Frederik Long, May 1, 2020
  3. Dolby Audio won't load.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Run the audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all

• Select Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel
    • Click on the Sound icon.
    • Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.
    • You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.
    • Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.
    • Click OK to close the Sound window.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.
    • Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 1, 2020
  4. jwadew Win User

Windows 10 no sound, just static

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant (with or without playing music) low-level static.

I have done all the usual steps with drivers, updating, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. No change.

Originally in device manager, under Sound there was listed (I forget the exact wording):
    Intel
    Realtek
    NVidea

After uninstalling and rebooting there is only:
    High Definition Audio Device (assume this is the default)

On the Asus support website where are only Realtek audio drivers. I downloaded and installed those. So now device manager, under sound, shows:
    High Definition Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No matter what I do, same result, just low-level static, no sound or music of any kind.

Any ideas anyone?

Asus U534UX laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2 TB Mechanical.

jwadew, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio gets static as computer loads - Similar Threads - Audio gets static

2. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  3. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic static and audio problem

Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  6. Mic static and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  7. weird static audio.

weird static audio.: I'm a camp counselor and I frequently use google meets for my activities. One day, while I was on my regular routine call with the campers, they told me that they hear a loud static sound rather than my voice and I heard it too when I joined via my phone. I thought it was...
  8. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...
  9. audio static

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    audio static: I just purchased a new HP laptop with windows 10 installed. When going through the initial setup Cortona voice control worked great now when on the internet the audio is all static and the sound is going in and out. should I send the computer back and replace or is there a...
  10. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...