Windows 10: Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped

Discus and support Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My first ever issue with Windows 11. I have my Dell OptiPlex 7040 desktop connected, via HDMI, to an LG HDTV. And from there, analog stereo audio to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bert22306, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Bert22306 Win User

Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped

My first ever issue with Windows 11. I have my Dell OptiPlex 7040 desktop connected, via HDMI, to an LG HDTV. And from there, analog stereo audio to a stereo system.After updating to version 22000.182 last night, I streamed a TV show. During which, audio dropped out for a couple of seconds, loud click from audio amp, and then audio returned. Amp remained powered throughout, video was unaffected, no power glitch either.To try and see what happened, I did a stereo audio test, using this site:Left / Right Stereo Sound Test Online audiocheck.netThe left and right channels were reversed! What?

:)

Bert22306, Oct 16, 2021

2. Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Nick Win User
    Why does Windows 10 send mono audio to the center channel of a 5.1 setup?

When playing mono audio (eg an old video on YouTube) Windows 10's behaviour is to send that to the center channel.

Is there a way to get monaural audio streams to play through the front L/R speakers as dual mono without going into audio properties and disabling the center channel?

4. Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped

Headphone unbalanced channels

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

My PC uses Realtek and it is set to Stereo. However, if in the Speaker Setup i do the test for L and R channel, i hear no sound when the L channel is tested. Only for the R channel it is ok.

I also have the impression it does not depend on the song

Kind regards

MarcoPonte, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped

1. Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped - Similar Threads - Audio glitched channels

2. My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...: idk why this happen but i was playing and suddenly I couldn't use win key and when i tried key tester in a website all of my keys worked except my R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows keys. What would be possible solutions?...
  3. My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...: idk why this happen but i was playing and suddenly I couldn't use win key and when i tried key tester in a website all of my keys worked except my R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows keys. What would be possible solutions?...
  4. Head set audio is flipped

Head set audio is flipped: Title says it all, left audio comes out the right side and vice versa. I've tested on other devices and the audio works properly there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-set-audio-is-flipped/5e931c0c-e2a2-4b9c-ae0e-afd326a70dea
  5. Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped

Audio glitched, then L and R channels were flipped: My first ever issue with Windows 11. I have my Dell OptiPlex 7040 desktop connected, via HDMI, to an LG HDTV. And from there, analog stereo audio to a stereo system.After updating to version 22000.182 last night, I streamed a TV show. During which, audio dropped out for a...
  6. Swap L/R bluetooth speakers ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swap L/R bluetooth speakers ?: Had to re-arrange the room and with all the cables going to the right speaker (power and cable to left speaker) it is way cleaner to have on the left side. Is there any way to swap left and right audio going out to these bluetooth speakers? I was kinda surprised there isn't...
  7. My headphone audio is flipped

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphone audio is flipped: Hello everyone, I've just finished unpacking my new headphones and when I watched my first youtube video with them I realized the sound was on backwards. It turns out that the system has flipped Left and Right, does anyone know how to fix this without buying additional...
  8. How do l flip the camera on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do l flip the camera on my laptop?: I have a HP laptop and need to scan a document with text. How do l flip the screen to that the photo shows the true text instead of the mirror effect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-l-flip-the-camera-on-my-laptop/479f88fe-da91-4058-b52a-a2bc4851ab27
  9. Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L: Hello. As the title says, my audio balancer is acting backwards. If i adjust the L slider higher, my right headphone cup gets louder. If i adjust the R slider up, the left cup gets louder. Any fix i can do? I'm using a usb 3.5mm TRRS Dukabel audio adapter if that makes any...
  10. Windows Key + L or + R not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + L or + R not working: I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed...