Windows 10: Audio GONE

Discus and support Audio GONE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on 10/11/18 my laptop updated (windows 10) and it deleted all audio. Headphones don't work, no playback without headphones either. Audio icon is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CLyon88, Oct 12, 2018.

1. CLyon88 Win User

Audio GONE

on 10/11/18 my laptop updated (windows 10) and it deleted all audio. Headphones don't work, no playback without headphones either. Audio icon is in "mute" mode and I can't alter it. The audio settings shows that I no longer have any audio devices. Tried troubleshooting and looking for updates online, still can't figure it out.

:)

CLyon88, Oct 12, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Audio GONE

Audio plus screen touch is gone

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?
    For an audio issue please try the steps below and check.

This issue seems to be due to the incompatible audio card drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to uninstall existing Audio Card Drivers and then reinstall the latest Windows 10 compatible Drivers for your computer model from the website. Please
    follow these steps:

Step: 1

Uninstall the Device Drivers:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Audio device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
    device
    ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

After the restart, please open the Device Manager again and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button.

Check if Windows 10 detects the Audio Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically. If the issue still persists, then try the next step.

Step: 2

Install the latest available Audio driver for Windows 10(32 bit, 64 bit).

Please download and install the latest Windows 10 drivers for your computer model from the manufacturer website.

For Touch screen issue:

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Hardware and devices under Devices.
    • Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
    • Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display driver from the Device Manager and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Adaptor.

3. Right click on the video driver and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Audio GONE

1. Audio GONE - Similar Threads - Audio GONE

2. 3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...: The recent windows update obliterated my audio drivers for no apparent reason and now windows refuses to acknowledge the existence of the 3.5mm audio jacks of which I have 2, in front and in back. It is also shoving audio into my monitor through the hdmi for some reason, my...
  3. 3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...: The recent windows update obliterated my audio drivers for no apparent reason and now windows refuses to acknowledge the existence of the 3.5mm audio jacks of which I have 2, in front and in back. It is also shoving audio into my monitor through the hdmi for some reason, my...
  4. 3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...: So I was fixing a bug resolving my msi laptop it where it put a ton of useless .exe in the system 32 folder over 130.000 which I resovled with the help from this question...
  6. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...: So I was fixing a bug resolving my msi laptop it where it put a ton of useless .exe in the system 32 folder over 130.000 which I resovled with the help from this question...
  7. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio gone after inceasing volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio gone after inceasing volume: I was on YouTube, the video shown had low volume, so I increased this in Win 11 Volume Mixer.This was the moment, sound totally died on me.An old, repeatedly mentioned through the Win Feedback System error, that still, seems, is not fixed.Upon looking where the issue was, I...
  9. Audio gone after inceasing volume

Audio gone after inceasing volume: I was on YouTube, the video shown had low volume, so I increased this in Win 11 Volume Mixer.This was the moment, sound totally died on me.An old, repeatedly mentioned through the Win Feedback System error, that still, seems, is not fixed.Upon looking where the issue was, I...
  10. I see the equalizer is gone in my MB's audio settings in Win10. What are people using?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I see the equalizer is gone in my MB's audio settings in Win10. What are people using?: 10 or more bands graphic or 3+ bands parametric? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-the-equalizer-is-gone-in-my-mbs-audio/406dda68-520c-4d9c-989c-e6af856d416a