Windows 10: Audio got messed up.

Discus and support Audio got messed up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4me_Mhs_Alex, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Audio got messed up.

In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your headset/speaker is working and such.

So once I plugged in my headset, but I didn't close the popup, and went to the toilet.

When I got back, my little brother was messing around with the popup, and one of the menus was for listening to sounds with filters, like an echo.

He got out of there when he saw me, I disabled the filters, and started watching a video. But the echo was still there.

Every video was like this, and my games were too.

Why doesn't the echo go away?

submitted by /u/4me_Mhs_Alex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4me_Mhs_Alex, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Audio got messed up.

Windows 10 update messed with my audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Which update did you install prior to this issue?
    3. Are you seeing the Sound icon in the Taskbar?
    4. Are you seeing the Audio Drivers in the Device Manager?

Method 1: Fix sound problems after Windows Updates.

I would suggest you to go through
    Fix sound problems after Windows Updates
    and follow the troubleshooting mentioned in the article.

Method 2: Restarting Windows Audio Service.

Step 1: Press the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘R’ key at the same time and type ‘Devmgmt.msc
    and hit Enter.

Step 2: Search for ‘Windows Audio Service’ >
    Right Click on the service and click on Restart and check for the issue.

You may also refer,
    Audio Troubleshooting
    and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Audio got messed up.

1. Audio got messed up. - Similar Threads - Audio got messed

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 3d headphones or audio messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d headphones or audio messed up: i just bought the dt 990 pros and the audio is weird and i dont think they have 3d headphones enabled i was playing a game and i heard running in front of me but it was actually behind me i need help asap...
  6. display settings got all messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    display settings got all messed up: [ATTACH] i was playing valorant and i pressed some weird button that made a beep noise, after that a weird tab popped out but i ignored it since i was mid match. I tabbed back out to see my display in grids and even my discord and browser is in white rectangular grids with...
  7. windows colors got messed up

windows colors got messed up: [IMG] this is the properties tab. plz help me to revert it back to its original color https://preview.redd.it/je78ao74fx261.png?width=494&format=png&auto=webp&s=0a383cbb9bcfae4ddf6c375830392320edc1e106 submitted by /u/shashvat2003 [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  9. Audio settings messed up?

Audio settings messed up?: So, my max volume on my pc was insanely loud in the past, which was really nice when i wanted to listen to really loud music or something, but now the 100% volume is what it used to be at like... 25%. I do NOT like this. Was there a recent windows update that changed this, or...
  10. Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?

Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?: So the recent Windows 10 1909 update kind of completely screwed over my audio and it's extremely frustrating trying to find a solution for it for the last several hours. I have a G1 Sniper 2 motherboard with a Creative SB X-Fi MB2 soundcard in it. I've attached pictures of...