Windows 10: Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time

Discus and support Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to restart my computer frequently to get audio to work.. Any suggestions are appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeLeGrand1, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time

I have to restart my computer frequently to get audio to work.. Any suggestions are appreciated

:)

JoeLeGrand1, Mar 1, 2021

2. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time

1. Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time - Similar Threads - Audio has lot

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio: Hi everyone,To begin, I use these headphones with my laptop HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx, and I just recently bought them. It has been at least a month since I've purchased them from my local Walmart store. These headphones had no known issues up until this month. This issue...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games: My bluetooth audio gets distorted for some games like Cyberpunk and Red Dead but it's sounds fine with Dark souls 3 and Sekiro. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/kiddfrommars [link] [comments]...
  8. Distortion in Some Windows

Distortion in Some Windows: distortion.png So certain colors in a few programs get distorted, especially when I'm focused on another program. I did some research on it but none of the fixes seemed to really work. I have Intel Graphics and a 1650 Ti in my laptop. When I disabled Intel Graphics and...
  9. Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio

Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I try to record my sound or make a video, the audio is always distorted. My voice can be heard but the system noises cause a disruption. Here's an example recording I made...
  10. Distorted Audio on Windows 10 with some games and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted Audio on Windows 10 with some games and apps: Greeting all I've been trying to solve a problem with Audio on my Windows 10 gaming PC for some time now and been pulling out what is left of my hair in frustration because this problem is very strange and I cannot get to the bottom of it. First of all, here are my...