Windows 10: Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC.

Discus and support Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really need help... I had bought this HP Windows 10 Laptop in the first few weeks of October, and about one/two weeks ago, the audio decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dark Tiger, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC.

I really need help...

I had bought this HP Windows 10 Laptop in the first few weeks of October, and about one/two weeks ago, the audio decided to act out.

I've tried doing the troubleshooter and it says it's not responding, restarting the services countless times, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver(s) multiple times, tried contacting Microsoft Support, tried HP Support, watching Youtube videos about it, it seems nothing I do is working... It's really frustrating me and this has been going on for a little over a week, with no solution. I don't think I have done anything to tinker with it, I've tried looking on here (In the Community) for any help, and none of the suggestions work for me. I'm not really sure what to do now, and it looks (to me) that I have hit a dead end. I really love this thing, it runs well but I would really, really like to hear my videos, games, ETC. Even when I put in my headphones, it has the exact same problem.

*I have noticed while searching for a solution about this problem, that is it common (I think?). This laptop did come with Windows 10 installed, it is practically a brand new computer still, not having it for a full month yet.

Added note: The audio services were set to Automatic by default, and I had changed it when the services failed, to restart themselves, so when it refreshes itself and it will look fine until I go to use the volume slider. And using the volume shortcuts does not effect it whatsoever.

:)

Dark Tiger, Nov 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC.

Upgraded to windows 10 my audio stopped working. The volume has a red X over it and in the device manager no audio devices are listed.

Original Title: Uninstalled Audio Device

I upgraded to windows 10 my audio stopped working. The volume has a red X over it and in the device manager no audio devices are listed. How can I re-install the audio device for free?

Dr. Romie Ogbolu, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC.

1. Audio has a red X and will NOT work even after restart/troubleshooting ETC. - Similar Threads - Audio has red

2. Why is there a Red X on my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a Red X on my audio?: I have a Red X on my audio on the lower right hand of my computer. Has been that way since Thursday and I am trying everything to get the sound back but no avail. Can you help me regain the sound back on my computer. It would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon: the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice, please help....
  4. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon: the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice, please help....
  5. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Audio is suddenly not working. Red X on speaker icon.

Audio is suddenly not working. Red X on speaker icon.: While on headphones on my laptop windows 10, the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice. Any ideas?...
  7. Speaker has red circled x

Speaker has red circled x: Computer Speaker has Red circled x in bottom tool bar & I can't get it to open. Have just finished WinZip updates on the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-has-red-circled-x/4c6eb3cd-a224-4ce1-8d73-79cc950c307b
  8. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound: Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It...
  9. Audio works but see red x on icon

Audio works but see red x on icon: My pc is only 2 weeks old (brand new out of box) but I turned it on this morning and there is a red x on the sound icon, but the sound is working fine. I checked for updates but don't have any, what can I do to fix it or make the red x go away? I ran a sound test and it came...
  10. "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

"The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..: So after the most recent Windows 10 update, my sound started acting up. At first, the front headphone jack didn't even work anymore. I reinstalled my Creative Sound Blaster Z driver and it started working again. However, another problem persists. After a system restart,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio has red x

2. Red X on Audio after restart