Windows 10: audio has been disabled

Discus and support audio has been disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christianahk, Mar 27, 2020.

1. audio has been disabled

The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried everything to find out how the audio seems to have disappeared but the message on the computer just keeps saying that there is no audio device despite it being an audio computer and having worked perfectly well before.

We have tried everything to try to find out what has disabled the audio without success... so if anyone is bored while elf isolating could you help?

Thank you

:)

Christianahk, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Dolby Audio won't load.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Run the audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all

• Select Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel
    • Click on the Sound icon.
    • Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.
    • You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.
    • Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.
    • Click OK to close the Sound window.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.
    • Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 27, 2020
  4. audio has been disabled

Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

audio has been disabled

1. audio has been disabled - Similar Threads - audio has been

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer says it has been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  6. My computer says it has been disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  7. My computer says it has been disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Administrator. Your Account has been disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator. Your Account has been disabled: I have reset my daughters Lenovo laptop, but now i am getting an error message that won't let me get passed this screen. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-your-account-has-been-disabled/ffce44aa-ea17-400c-8537-e0d8a72b18ba
  9. your account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    your account has been disabled: You're most welcome Dave. *Smile Hello. I actually have the same problem. Even at my lock screen it is showing your account has been disabled. I cannot access my computer. It there any way I can enable the administrator account again by entering cmd at boo? I've tried...
  10. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...