Windows 10: Audio has not worked since I updated

Discus and support Audio has not worked since I updated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Audio does not work since I updated my computer yesterday. Why would that happen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadalynHuggins, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Audio has not worked since I updated

My Audio does not work since I updated my computer yesterday. Why would that happen?

:)

MadalynHuggins, Dec 10, 2020

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio has not worked since I updated

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Audio has not worked since I updated

1. Audio has not worked since I updated - Similar Threads - Audio has worked

2. Why has my audio stopped working since the last update - Jan 11 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my audio stopped working since the last update - Jan 11 2024: Since the last update that was installed on Jan 11 2024 my audio has stopped working. Everything indicates it is fine, but troubleshooter says there is an issue with the driver - but it can't fix the driver. The PC has also frozen a couple of times since the update and I have...
  3. I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since: When I first got this pc I was annoyed at the audio settings that didn't fit for me, so I deleted Realtek. What I didn't know was that it was needed on my computer.Whenever I tried to reinstall it; it'd put me through the process even make me restart my computer and never...
  4. I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since: When I first got this pc I was annoyed at the audio settings that didn't fit for me, so I deleted Realtek. What I didn't know was that it was needed on my computer.Whenever I tried to reinstall it; it'd put me through the process even make me restart my computer and never...
  5. rear audio jack not working since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rear audio jack not working since update: The rear audio jack on my PC hasn't worked since a Windows update in early 2020. I've tried the recommended remedy of going to control panel, then 'sound' and checking on the volume which is fine, and nothing has worked. I'd greatly appreciate any help on this....
  6. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  7. Quick audio switcher is not working since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick audio switcher is not working since update: [ATTACH] Clicking here on audio icon does not bring up audio settings/volume/device switch. I've already went to church asking God to do horrible things to Microsoft, as usual, but does anybody know if I can fix this in the meantime?...
  8. Audio output has disappeared since updates 8th February

Audio output has disappeared since updates 8th February: Hi, I can't get any audio - speakers, headphones. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I've tried to roll back the drivers but it's greyed out So I tried a system restore but it only had one from this evening, so I used that and it took ages then told me it...
  9. Word has stopped working ever since i did the update

Word has stopped working ever since i did the update: My word, excel ect has stopped working since I did the Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-has-stopped-working-ever-since-i-did-the/ecd58928-10ed-4062-95c2-acd419db361c
  10. Low Audio Since Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Audio Since Update: I've noticed since the latest update my sound seem to be incredible low compared to before. I use headphones and used to be able to hear perfectly with volume at 20...now I have to turn it up to 70 to hear clearly. I've looked threw sound settings and can't figure what I can...