Windows 10: Audio has stopped working

Discus and support Audio has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues with my Audio since an October update but I was able to find a sorta patch to fix it but its not working anymore. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeilGreen3, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Audio has stopped working

Hello, I've been having issues with my Audio since an October update but I was able to find a sorta patch to fix it but its not working anymore. My issue is that my Intel High Def Audio driver wont update even though I've gone to Intel and when I use the Windows update it gives me this error code, HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 - Error 0x800703e3.

:)

NeilGreen3, Jan 17, 2019

2. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jan 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Audio has stopped working

After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio has stopped working

1. Audio has stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio has stopped

2. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  3. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio has stopped working,: My Audio has stopped working. the OS is seeing the audio cards, and no matter if i switch to a different audio card the maachine is still showing no input or output i am attempting to restore the os via a mounted iso. can anybody help?...
  4. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio has stopped working,: My Audio has stopped working. the OS is seeing the audio cards, and no matter if i switch to a different audio card the maachine is still showing no input or output i am attempting to restore the os via a mounted iso. can anybody help?...
  5. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Audio Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service has stopped working: Hello,In May I've got session hijacker malware on my PC. To make sure I got rid of it I formatted my disks and installed a fresh system Win 10 Home. Since then I'm dealing with a problem where the sound stops working and I can't launch any games or play music / videos.In the...
  7. Windows Audio Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service has stopped working: Hello,In May I've got session hijacker malware on my PC. To make sure I got rid of it I formatted my disks and installed a fresh system Win 10 Home. Since then I'm dealing with a problem where the sound stops working and I can't launch any games or play music / videos.In the...
  8. Windows Audio Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Audio/sound has stopped working

Audio/sound has stopped working: Hi! Yesterday, the audio and sound started to not work on my computer. Both by using computer speakers, and also it doesn't work to connect my Bose headphones through Bluetooth and listen through them. I pressed on "Troubleshooting" and it said it that the audio service...
  10. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has stopped working. audio DG.EXE has stopped working

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has stopped working. audio DG.EXE has stopped working: Hey guys, I've been having issues with this problem for a while now and a friend of mine directed me to here. Was hoping if anyone could help me out with this. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name:...