Windows 10: Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way

Discus and support Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10. My audio driver is the Realtek High Def Audio(SST). I'm uncertain when the problem started but it's been going on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timberw777, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way

Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10. My audio driver is the Realtek High Def Audio(SST). I'm uncertain when the problem started but it's been going on for awhile. My laptop speaker won't work if the computer is restarted with headphones plugged in. Only the headphones will have any audio. And vice versa, if the laptop is restarted with nothing plugged in, only the speakers work. Even after plugging the headphones in. I've gone through the audio troubleshooting steps provided by Windows. I've also made sure all of my drivers are updated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek driver as well. No luck. I've also disabled different audio options and reenabled them in order to see if it'd help. Still nothing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Audio Info.docx

:)

Timberw777, Sep 19, 2020

2. New computer, is there a way to plug in headphones and have audio without speakers

new computer and didn't purchase speakers. Is there a way to plug in headphones and have audio without speakers??

Original title: audio

bbhammer1970, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way

1. Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way - Similar Threads - Audio Headphones Speaker

2. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  3. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  4. Audio is in speakers when bluetooth headphones are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is in speakers when bluetooth headphones are connected: Hello,I have this issue for a while. I connected my Bluetooth headphones and the sound was still playing on the laptop's speakers. I had to disable the speakers to have sound in headphones. But when I connect a normal pair of earphones not wireless the sound is fine and not...
  5. bluetooth speakers only work as headphones

bluetooth speakers only work as headphones: AKAI HT014A-5086F bluetooth 5.1 speakers only work as headphones. Is there some software required to get them to work as speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speakers-only-work-as-headphones/f8b11495-3d92-4237-8aeb-3fdce0c5355c
  6. MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.

MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.: In September of 2019 I bought a MSI P65 CREATOR RE. After a few months of using, I started to get some problems with the sound. My speakers stops working but if I plug my headphones on the 3.5mm jack input, the sound starts working on speakers. As soon as I unplug the...
  7. Audio only plays from speakers when selecting or testing headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio only plays from speakers when selecting or testing headphones: So i don't know if that title made any sense but I ran into a very complex problem that I try my best too explain using the screenshot below. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drives and what not I'm truly at a lose here I don't know what to do [img] 138600
  8. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  9. headphone and speaker working only on 1 side

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphone and speaker working only on 1 side: so I bought a new laptop pc (an asus transformer 3 pro) and when I play music with it both on built-in speakers and headphone only the right side works (it has this problem with all audio devices) so I think its a software issue I have gone to realtek HD audio and its set to...
  10. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...