Windows 10: Audio help

Discus and support Audio help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i need some help with my laptop, its pretty old but i use it for gaming on csgo mainly but i am not sure if its my audio driver or my sound card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ninoevans, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Audio help

Hi, i need some help with my laptop, its pretty old but i use it for gaming on csgo mainly but i am not sure if its my audio driver or my sound card that is bust. It has 2 audio jacks, one for the microphone and one for the audio. But any microphone i use, it just sounds really low or really bad, it either echos a lot or sounds really bad like extremely bad, no one can here me a lot of the time, i have tried different drivers, none of them really work, my computer uses VIA HD audio, which is strange anyway. The interface is bad and i can’t seem to fix my problems, anyone able to help?

submitted by /u/Ninoevans
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ninoevans, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Audio help

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Audio help

1. Audio help - Similar Threads - Audio help

2. Headphones audio fix, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones audio fix, please help: When l did a left and right audio check on my headphones; on a right audio check, l can hear it from both sides and when l do a left audio check, i hear it on both sides too. I cant pinpoint the direction of the sound when l am in a game like valorant. How can l fix this?...
  3. Headphones audio fix, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones audio fix, please help: When l did a left and right audio check on my headphones; on a right audio check, l can hear it from both sides and when l do a left audio check, i hear it on both sides too. I cant pinpoint the direction of the sound when l am in a game like valorant. How can l fix this?...
  4. Can you please help me with my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please help me with my audio?: The audio services of my windows 10 laptop won't work even headphones or when i connected it on Bluetooth. I tried everything I've read on google/ or even on YT vids but it won't work....
  5. Can you please help me with my audio?

Can you please help me with my audio?: The audio services of my windows 10 laptop won't work even headphones or when i connected it on Bluetooth. I tried everything I've read on google/ or even on YT vids but it won't work....
  6. Can you please help me with my audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Please help me with the audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me with the audio problem.: Hi everyone! I'm using a Windows 11 from May 2022. Everything was running fine until last night when my CPU speakers stopped working. I uninstalled the audio driver to fix it. But after uninstalling the driver it is unable to find back the drivers and now, I am with no sound....
  8. Please help me with the audio problem.

Please help me with the audio problem.: Hi everyone! I'm using a Windows 11 from May 2022. Everything was running fine until last night when my CPU speakers stopped working. I uninstalled the audio driver to fix it. But after uninstalling the driver it is unable to find back the drivers and now, I am with no sound....
  9. How do I get phone help audio not working and troubleshooting did net help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get phone help audio not working and troubleshooting did net help: How do I get over the phone help for fixing problem? Audio not working, troubleshooting feature did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-phone-help-audio-not-working-and/e42016a5-6759-404a-8110-d4960910164d
  10. How do I get phone help audio not working and troubleshooting did net help

How do I get phone help audio not working and troubleshooting did net help: How do I get over the phone help for fixing problem? Audio not working, troubleshooting feature did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-phone-help-audio-not-working-and/e42016a5-6759-404a-8110-d4960910164d