Windows 10: Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10

Discus and support Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using an audio source, if another audio source is started it is silenced and plays no audio. For instance when listening to music via Groove,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marine Dawg, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10

When using an audio source, if another audio source is started it is silenced and plays no audio. For instance when listening to music via Groove, Pandora, Spotify et cetera and the launching Edge (any browser for that matter) and any page that generates audio it does not play said audio. You can go back to the audio program hit pause the resume and now both audio sources can be heard. From herein the audio from the browser (or any assumed second audio source) will only play under two conditions. Either you music app must be playing music or the page gets reloaded/relaunched to be gain "audio dominance." This did not exist in Windows 7, I don't know what is causing this dilemma. I am using a Surface Book 2.

:)

Marine Dawg, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 28, 2018
  4. tiendat Win User

Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10 :(.

tiendat, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10

1. Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio hiearchy between

2. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  3. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  4. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer within applications freezing: Hi all, Ever since I got this new computer, I've had an annoying problem that I've never had before. Particularly in Audacity but it's happened to me elsewhere, I'll be moving pretty quickly browsing for a new file when my screen reader crashes. When I restart it, I've found...
  5. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer within applications freezing: Hi all, Ever since I got this new computer, I've had an annoying problem that I've never had before. Particularly in Audacity but it's happened to me elsewhere, I'll be moving pretty quickly browsing for a new file when my screen reader crashes. When I restart it, I've found...
  6. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is the difference between an app and an application in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between an app and an application in Windows 10?: Apparently, since Windows 8 there has been a meaningful technical distinction between a Windows app and a Windows application, and the distinction became somehow more significant in Windows 10. Thinking this was a rather simple question that wouldn't take long to answer, I...
  8. Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.

Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.: Hello I have a problem where certain application logos within windows are not appearing. The apps without logos are either video files or apps from the microsoft store and they are simply all the same image. Does anyone know a fix for this?...
  9. Unwanted switching between applications

Unwanted switching between applications: Dear All, At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs. This happens when you're typing an email, work in Word/Excel, browse online with Edge/Firefox/Chrome or any other program. But it also happens when...
  10. Application within application won't launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Application within application won't launch: Greetings, I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e. mapping, record management, incidents, arrests, property, etc. We run our program on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. We...