Windows 10: Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

Discus and support Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenPeru, Aug 28, 2020.

1. BenPeru Win User

Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

Hello

im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my speakers is really low.

If i turn on any Movie, game, YouTube the audio is normal but after few seconds is turning silent and you can barely hear any sound.

when i use my headphones the audio is great and there isnt any problem.

the only issue is with the laptop speakers.

I have tried to reinstall the audio drivers but nothing has solved my situation.

I hope somebody knows what is the issue im talking about

:)

BenPeru, Aug 28, 2020
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

Some speakers are silent

Just a stab in the dark suggestion but you may be missing a codec that is applicable to your speaker configuration.

You can try and download the K-Lite Codec pack which has an option to define your speaker configuration:

Download K-Lite Codec Pack
    Note: I just use the standard pack which come with the Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)

Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds [​IMG]

Note: these options are available during a custom installation of the codec pack and are also available in the Codec Tweak Tool after installation.

Again, just an uneducated guess on my part.

Good luck,

3. Pisacane Win User
    No Audio with speakers

Vijay:

Went through all the steps including reinstalling the drivers and did not need to make any changes.

After restart the audio returned for about 2 minutes on a YOUTUBE video and then went silent. Tried additional video and no audio.

Don't know if related but SOUNDS is still not present when right click on speaker symbol in taskbar, the other four entries are there.

Pisacane, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

HMDI interrrupts (web) audio

What you can do is you can switch the audio output to your laptop whenever you attach the second display. To do this, follow these steps:

• Connect your computer to the second display.
    • On the lower right corner of the screen, right click the speaker icon.
    • Choose Open volume mixer.
    • Under Device, click the name of the device. The name of the device is under the icon picture.
    • Choose the speaker of your laptop.
    • Check if the sound will come out to the laptop's speaker.
    Let us know how it goes after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds - Similar Threads - Audio speakers goes

2. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  3. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  4. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio starts low, then goes high after a few seconds. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio starts low, then goes high after a few seconds. Why?: Had my OMEN 30L for a while and noticed there was a thing with the audio. When ever something starts playing audio, it initially starts low, then increases in volume. I don't know why it does that, I don't want it to do that, how do I fix it? If anyone has an answer to this,...
  6. Audio starts low, then goes high after a few seconds. Why?

Audio starts low, then goes high after a few seconds. Why?: Had my OMEN 30L for a while and noticed there was a thing with the audio. When ever something starts playing audio, it initially starts low, then increases in volume. I don't know why it does that, I don't want it to do that, how do I fix it? If anyone has an answer to this,...
  7. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play: This happens with all audio sources randomly. Audio will play over bluetooth for a few seconds and then go silent. Moving the position on the playback of media will start audio again, but after a number of seconds it will fall silent again. Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  8. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play: This happens with all audio sources randomly. Audio will play over bluetooth for a few seconds and then go silent. Moving the position on the playback of media will start audio again, but after a number of seconds it will fall silent again. Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Audio gradually goes silent by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio gradually goes silent by itself: So the other day I start my HP Pavilion 15cw 1xxx go to youtube and turn on some music and I notice that my audio is slowly turning volume down but the volume is at 100%. I try several times turning the volume down manually and turning it back up and it works but then again...