Windows 10: Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running

Discus and support Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I play any audio source, the sound is clear but it sounds like some sort of effect processing is running. The treble is somewhat higher than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michaeltee, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running

When I play any audio source, the sound is clear but it sounds like some sort of effect processing is running. The treble is somewhat higher than normal, plus there seems to be some sort of spacial effect, maybe something like wide stereo imaging or a "presence" adjustment. It's difficult to describe, but it definitely doesn't sound like native audio. It occurs regardless of which audio player software I'm using.

So my W10x64 (v1903) PC has Realtek HD audio driver with DTS console. I've checked that the WIndows audio effect settings are not selected, and that all of the DTS effects are unticked.

Could it have something to do with the 1903 version of Windows 10, or possibly some phantom plugin running in the background? What are your thoughts on trying to track this down?

:)

michaeltee, Jul 4, 2020

2. Audio Hall effect sound in Windows 10

Hi Alexandervanfleteren,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the third party software (Firefox, Chrome etc) from your computer and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, run audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers
    or headphones.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 4, 2020
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running

1. Audio in W10 sounds like DSP Effects are running - Similar Threads - Audio W10 sounds

2. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...
  3. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...
  4. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?: realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer.Can someone help me? why this field is missing?Realtek Audio Control:audio driver version: 6.0.9228.01UI version: 1.27.254.0reinstalled this app, the same....
  6. realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?: realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer.Can someone help me? why this field is missing?Realtek Audio Control:audio driver version: 6.0.9228.01UI version: 1.27.254.0reinstalled this app, the same....
  7. High Definition Audio and DSP missing, no audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Definition Audio and DSP missing, no audio device: Hello, so, after an update, the audio suddenly stopped working. I then uninstalled the devices High definition Audio and DSP Audio and this did not solve my problem. The problem finder cant fix this problem too. Now I dont know what to do. My lapptop is an ASUS TUF Gaming...
  8. Realtek Audio Console not showing sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio Console not showing sound effects: So i know i had the options before where i just went to the audio console and clicked the speakers tab to see an equalizer and all the other options there like pitch shifting, however, now it just shows the basic options for changing default format of the audio. I tried to go...
  9. DTS sound effect not showing on Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS sound effect not showing on Realtek audio console: [ATTACH] I've done everything that I know to try to fix this, but it just won't appear. I tried to unnistal the app and install it again, nothing. I tried to delete the drivers of Realtek and restart the pc again, it fixied the problem, but completly ruined the sound. I'm...
  10. W10 misreporting Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 misreporting Audio Service not running: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Running W10 Pro 2004 build 19041.vb_release.191206-1406… since 1903, periodically the Notification Area icon for Audio speaker has a red x and shows a label "Audio service is not running". This is actually NOT the case... Services shows Windows Audio...