Windows 10: Audio input and output won't work at the same time

Discus and support Audio input and output won't work at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using an old audio interface for the past couple years without any issues. The interface in question is a Tascam US-122L USB sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erinn Bastias, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Audio input and output won't work at the same time

Hi,

I've been using an old audio interface for the past couple years without any issues. The interface in question is a Tascam US-122L USB sound interface, mainly used for recording and interacting with my DAW but I also have been using it for voice communication online, both for input and output.

However, since Windows latest big update, I think in September, my computer won't register input and output at the same time as it used to. It will either receive input from the interface, and disable output audio, or it'll output audio but disable my microphone. Currently, the audio input isn't working on my DAW either it was working a couple weeks back, exclusively on the DAW but on the recording tab in audio device settings, my PC seems to be receiving input as the bar lights up when I make noise into the microphone. However, audio output is disabled unless I go into the playback tab, so I'm positive this isn't a hardware issue.

So far I've tried: Reconnecting USB and tried it on different USB ports, uninstalling and clean reinstalling drivers, disabling and enabling devices both on control panel and in the device manager, Windows troubleshooting, disabling audio enhancements, changed privacy settings, disabling/enabling cortana, checked for updates, checked for hardware changes.

I'm running Windows 10 on an Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.20 GHz x64 and 8GB RAM

Is there any other tests I could run? Any more precise troubleshooting? Any additional info I could provide? Is there any way to figure out if this is related to that latest update, or if it's some other software that's causing compatibility issues? Is there any Mono/Stereo settings that might be causing this?

:)

Erinn Bastias, Oct 7, 2020

2. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Oct 7, 2020
  3. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Audio input and output won't work at the same time

How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

My computer has only one audio jack. I need it to work as an input line in, Currently it works as an output. When I plugged audio into the jack, Windows used to ask me whether the jack should work as an input or an output. Now I can´t change that setting.
    How do I bring back the window that allows me to change the jack´s input/output choice?

Héctor LeopoldoEsquer, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Audio input and output won't work at the same time

1. Audio input and output won't work at the same time - Similar Threads - Audio input output

2. Upgraded to windows 11 and now my audio output will not work at the same time as my input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to windows 11 and now my audio output will not work at the same time as my input: This is an odd one. I use a Tascam US-1641 audio interface and have done for years. I've recently done a clean install of windows 11, coming from windows 7 yes I'm stubborn. I downloaded and installed the windows 10 audio drivers for this device from the vendor's website and...
  3. Upgraded to windows 11 and now my audio output will not work at the same time as my input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to windows 11 and now my audio output will not work at the same time as my input: This is an odd one. I use a Tascam US-1641 audio interface and have done for years. I've recently done a clean install of windows 11, coming from windows 7 yes I'm stubborn. I downloaded and installed the windows 10 audio drivers for this device from the vendor's website and...
  4. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time: Hi,So it seems after a recent update, the Mic on my laptop stopped working with applications. When I go to control panel > Sound > Recording, I can see the levels moving, so I'm guessing the mic is still working. But all my communication apps Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp are not...
  5. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time: Hi,So it seems after a recent update, the Mic on my laptop stopped working with applications. When I go to control panel > Sound > Recording, I can see the levels moving, so I'm guessing the mic is still working. But all my communication apps Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp are not...
  6. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio Input and Output Device is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Input and Output Device is not working: Few days ago suddenly my laptop internal audio is stopped working . I can use my headphones just fine, but the internal speaker itself is not working. At first I thought it was a problem with the sound , but after going to device manager , I found out that speaker and...
  8. Audio inputs and outputs, bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio inputs and outputs, bluetooth: Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my audio inputs and outputs. I use a msi b450 tomahawk max, 5600x Cpu, corsair lpx 3200 16gb, evga 2070 super (with the newest bios} since the motherboard doesn't have a Bluetooth card i had to buy an external usb bluetooth antenna....
  9. Audio Input And Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Input And Output: Is there any way I can sent an audio device's output as an input. As in playing audio and it going through a mic/input. submitted by /u/Shreksc00ch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kijzcr/audio_input_and_output/
  10. Input and Output of audio on computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input and Output of audio on computer?: Input and Output of audio on computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-and-output-of-audio-on-computer/07ff299f-b3f7-47de-9e48-ca85e949d358