Windows 10: Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

Discus and support Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using the Astro A10 headset with the built-in microphone, and have plugged it into the 3.5mm headphone jack. When I load up any application that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamCotton, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

I am using the Astro A10 headset with the built-in microphone, and have plugged it into the 3.5mm headphone jack. When I load up any application that uses sound, It comes through the headset as I have selected. However, the input still comes from my laptop's microphone which is terrible and picks up all my keyboard clicks. I have tried using settings to change the input device but I only have the default option, and I cannot use my headset's mic. On the box, it says compatible with XB1, mobile, VR, and laptops/PC. Is there any way to fix this so that I can use the mic?

:)

LiamCotton, Feb 12, 2021

2. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Could someone please help me with my problem? When I have plugged my Logitech g233 headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot
    select it (I can only find speakers (Realtek high definition audio) and microphone array(Realtek high definition audio)). However, when I have plugged it into another laptop in the same way, it works and I can find it
    as an input and output device on settings (they are discoverable as headphones(Realtek high definition audio) and headset microphone (Realtek high definition audio)). I have ensured that it was plugged in correctly in both cases.
    May I know some possible causes for this problem and how to fix it?

Also, if this helps, I cannot find the app "Realtek Audio Console" on the laptop that I am having problems with but I can find it on the laptop which the headset and microphone work on. I have tried to install it but I do not know how to do so.

Tristan Loo, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Feb 12, 2021
  4. eromo Win User

Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

No input from Headset Microphone after update

I have no input from my headset microphone. It does show up in my audio settings and its not muted but when I test it I get no audio. The headset works fine in my laptop.

The green bar next to the microphone in the recording device tab doesnt move when I talk, however when I click on "listen to this device" I can hear myself.

Ive tried everything I could think of from restarting my computer to updating my headset's firmware.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

eromo, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

1. Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist - Similar Threads - Audio Input Device

2. "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...: Hello. I've been experiencing an issue with my audio input microphone not being detected on my ZIUMIER Gaming Headset since updating Windows. Mind you, the audio output itself headphones is still working and detected. I went through the common troubleshooting steps including...
  3. "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No audio devices are installed" My input audio for my headset microphone has completely...: Hello. I've been experiencing an issue with my audio input microphone not being detected on my ZIUMIER Gaming Headset since updating Windows. Mind you, the audio output itself headphones is still working and detected. I went through the common troubleshooting steps including...
  4. Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".

Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".: Hello, My name is Veeresh, I have noticed that there was an issue with the Audio Input Driver. Please use the steps below in restoring your microphone functionality. This could help if any other drivers are missing as well.Please open Device Manager.Next click on the Action...
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  7. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microphone Realtek Audio Input Devices is Missing

Microphone Realtek Audio Input Devices is Missing: [ATTACH] I want to ask something. Why is my microphone for Realtek in audio input devices is missing? I always try to uninstall and reinstall the driver for any version and it didn't work. When I want to do voice recording with my headset microphone, there are no sound....
  9. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices: When I have plugged my headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot select it I can only find speakersRealtek high definition audio and microphone arrayRealtek high definition...
  10. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.: Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS In the recording devices...