Windows 10: Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me

Discus and support Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought some HyperX headphones, they work perfectly fine, it can detect audio input, and I can hear.However, when I try to communicate with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EthanTheNoob, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me

I recently bought some HyperX headphones, they work perfectly fine, it can detect audio input, and I can hear.However, when I try to communicate with my friends through discord or any other application that includes voice chat, it always says that audio input is detected but none of my friends can hear what I am saying.Please help me solve this problem.thanks.

:)

EthanTheNoob, Aug 1, 2020

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Jack Win User
    Windows 10 Audio input to programs broken

Recently my audio input, from USB headset and USB guitar cable have stopped working. Going into Windows 'Sounds' and enabling 'Listen to this device' outputs the audio as expected; the problem is not with the devices. However, as soon as I try to use them with any other program, discord, for example, no audio input is detected by discord.

I have tried everything I can think of and some suggestions from Googling around;

• Updating everything - windows, drivers, all related software
    • Rolling windows back to the last build
    • Trying different USB ports
    • Reinstalling drivers and software
    • Running Windows troubleshooters
    • Playing with device properties settings

But nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Jack, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me

Laptop Input audio device

I do not appear to have any audio input devices available. This is shown in the Settings page under Sound. How can I add an audio input device? When I join an on-line meeting I can hear the participants but they cannot hear me.

MargaretBrown6, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me

1. Audio input is detected, but no one can hear me - Similar Threads - Audio input detected

2. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  3. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  4. Can only hear audio from one headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only hear audio from one headphone: Hello!I am trying to figure out if the issue I am having is hardware or software related.So for a few days now audio has only been playing from my left speaker ,I checked to see if mono audio is on ,and it wasn't.I also checked if the headphones are balanced and they seem to...
  5. Can only hear audio from one headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only hear audio from one headphone: Hello!I am trying to figure out if the issue I am having is hardware or software related.So for a few days now audio has only been playing from my left speaker ,I checked to see if mono audio is on ,and it wasn't.I also checked if the headphones are balanced and they seem to...
  6. Can only hear audio from one headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.: I have a new di chatCam my picture and when they are speaking it comes over good. But they can't hear me at all . Any ideas. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-speak-no-one-can-hear-me-but-i-can-hear/e0571341-4645-49cb-b2f2-b6e869642094
  8. No one hears me on mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    No one hears me on mic: People are unaware that I am speaking on my mic its feels like dead man. External mic works so fine I don't know what's the issue with internal one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-one-hears-me-on-mic/2c69e231-b5e5-462f-b7a6-3aecf97d5374
  9. No one can hear me on any video chats

in Windows 10 Customization
    No one can hear me on any video chats: No one can hear me on a video chat. My microphone is unmuted. My cortana can't hear me either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-one-can-hear-me-on-any-video-chats/9eb146dc-9e3f-4417-bf81-0f99910a6055
  10. No one can hear me on any of the xbox apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No one can hear me on any of the xbox apps.: If this isn't the right place to post this I apologize, but every time I join an xbox party on PC no one can hear me. The funny thing is though, they can hear me in game chat. Like when we play Sea Of Thieves they can hear me in game, but not in the party. I've allowed apps...