Windows 10: Audio Input not working for all microphones

Discus and support Audio Input not working for all microphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio input devices suddenly stopped working today both my headset microphone RealtekR Audio and my microphone array the default one from my Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BigBearBiggy, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Audio Input not working for all microphones

My audio input devices suddenly stopped working today both my headset microphone RealtekR Audio and my microphone array the default one from my Intel computer. I've tried testing my microphone in general and it either doesn't work or picks up very very little sound. I've updated all the drivers for my microphones and updated Windows as a whole but my microphones are not working regardless of which one I use. I can hear fine using both the computer and headset but no sound is picked up on my end. Currently I am updating Windows to the feature update of version 20H2, but has anyone else ran into this problem / know how to fix it? I feel like I've tried everything.

:)

BigBearBiggy, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Audio Input not working for all microphones

Microphone Inputs Not Working

Hi SamanthaXN,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your microphone driver, following this procedure:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio input and audio"

4. Right click on your mic

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot and check if now it works.

StefanoTamiotti, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Audio Input not working for all microphones

1. Audio Input not working for all microphones - Similar Threads - Audio Input working

2. Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".: Hello, My name is Veeresh, I have noticed that there was an issue with the Audio Input Driver. Please use the steps below in restoring your microphone functionality. This could help if any other drivers are missing as well.Please open Device Manager.Next click on the Action...
  3. Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".: Hello, My name is Veeresh, I have noticed that there was an issue with the Audio Input Driver. Please use the steps below in restoring your microphone functionality. This could help if any other drivers are missing as well.Please open Device Manager.Next click on the Action...
  4. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microphone audio input problem

Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  8. Audio microphone will not work at all

Audio microphone will not work at all: last night my microphone cut out randomly and didn't turn back on, even after running troubleshooter, I'm pretty stuck here. I've tested the mic through other means so I know its not the problem. it is set as default device as well. realtek driver Any help is greatly...
  9. All Audio Input stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Audio Input stopped working: On my Windows 10 desktop, all my input audio stopped working. I thought it was my headset that took a dump so I went out and bought a new headset. That also doesn't work... I have made sure it is enabled and done driver updates (I think, I checked for them and it says I...
  10. All usb microphone inputs not working

All usb microphone inputs not working: So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's...